Monday, May 10, 2010

Is a page honoring my parents in a church souvenir journal tax deductible?

My church is having a (church) anniversary program and will produce a souvenir journal. Members can enter pages for a price. I want to enter a page in memory of my parents. Is the price I pay for that page tax deductible?Is a page honoring my parents in a church souvenir journal tax deductible?
You are not allowed to deduct the entire price. If you pay more than the value (I have no idea how to determine the value), then you may deduct the difference between what you pay and the value.Is a page honoring my parents in a church souvenir journal tax deductible?
Most likely not.


Ask the church if the ';donation'; will be listed on the end of year recap of giving receipt. If it is, then the IRS will most likely accept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment