Thursday, May 13, 2010

The good parenting fairy grants you 1-2 weeks' vacation from all responsibilities?

but the evil fairy adds the restriction that you can't get off the couch. How do you spend your week? [and your partner is going to be busy taking on all your responsibilities, so the answer most of you are going to jump to immediately is unfortunately not an option]





give me some ideas, people. i'm bored to tears here.The good parenting fairy grants you 1-2 weeks' vacation from all responsibilities?
I don't do sitting still well unless I've got lots to do all at one time. How about the journal challenge that we never followed up on?The good parenting fairy grants you 1-2 weeks' vacation from all responsibilities?
With a sufficient supply of battery operated devices, your partner being occupied shouldn't be a problem.
I can entertain myself for a quite a while with my daughters DS, after I would get bored with that I would play sonic the hedgehog on my cell phone. As long as I have some kind of gaming device on my hand I'm good .. .
crocheting, doing knitting looms, playing solitare, chess, and maybe even a few games of go fish or slap jack with the kids, going on here to answer questions and surfing the internet for maybe some things that i could do while sitting on said couch!
I'd catch up on the 200 things saved on our dvr that I never have time to watch.


Seeing as how I take care of my two children (my son and my husband) all the time, surely he can take on the task of myself and my son! :) I wouldn't expect him to make us dinner, though, unless I wanted to be food poisoned so, take-out sounds good.... chinese sounds really good. lol
come to this place we call Yahoo Answers.
Reading.


Latch hook rugs, or needle point.


NetFlix.


Phone calls.


Sleep.


coloring books.


Writing a short story or few.


Trying NOT to imagine your dust bunnies growing and festering, planning their attack.


Des, I hope you feel better soon.


I think you may be a type a personality, and that is the hardest thing for us to do is sit still.





eta~ it's because your mind is always so productive that I assumed that you can't sit still for long !!!!
books, i would read lots of books, and figure out some way to exercise.
O0o0oh yay!! But on the downside i have to have surgery first right??? Hmmm... I would read salacious novels and have my stand in run out and fetch me dvd's. I'd pick a show i've never seen before and rent a few seasons. Order around my minions, etc
watch movies, eat, sleep, and internet.
I'm so sorry. : ( I was on bed rest w/ both of my previous pregnancies and I almost lost my mind. I did a lot of reading and sleeping. I'm expecting it this time and plan on going thru and organizing the mess of photos I have and learning how to knit.
Bed rest sucks! I hope you are back to your normal self soon!


You could try.. -


editing some family photos-


blogging


-watching crappy talk shows and soap operas


-instant messaging


-reading books and trashy magazines


-sketching, painting, drawing


-planning meals for the next year (lol)


-doing yoga and meditating (if that's an option for you ATM)


-learning a new language


-plan a vacation or get away


-get in contact with old friends


-write letters


-learn calligraphy


listen to music and analyze the lyrics


-paint your nails everyday


-pluck your eyebrows. be warned though it is addictive and may result in ending up eyebrow-less





I hope you find some way to occupy your time!
On my list would be: reading, cross-stitching, organizing photos, and movies. Can you talk any of your kids into playing card games or board games? Making phone calls to friends you haven't caught up with in awhile?
i would hook up the internet to my lap top. then i would positiion myself with my computer, some great books, some iced tea, the dvd (and my dvd collection) and all the remotes with in arms reach and i would enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment