Monday, May 10, 2010

How can i convince my parents to get a dog?

I have wanted a dog for as long as i can remember, but my mom just won't have it! She had dogs all through her child hood. I have grown up around dogs, and know how much work ithey can be, but she still dosen't listen!How can i convince my parents to get a dog?
do all your homework and chores and do extra chores. take care of your friends dog so your mom knows you can take care of one. raise up money and tell your mom you can save one for free at a pound and you have the money to take care of it yourself.How can i convince my parents to get a dog?
Dogs are a lot of work and a lot of money, too. The dogs themselves cost hundreds of dollars if purebred, and even mixed breeds can be pricey.


What do you do if you go on vacation? Send the dog to a kennel, or will a friend or family member be able to care for it. Or can you bring it with you? Will you simply get tired of you dog once its cute, floppy eared puppy stage is over and the canine starts to grow? Can you afford to by a bed or doghouse, food, dishes, collars and tags, kennels and carriers, toys. Do you have the room?





I can't get a dog either and I am a responsible young adult. Why?


It's really reasonable, I'll be going into high school this coming September. I'd be studying for tests and exams often, the dog might feel neglected (I wouldn't let that happen.) but the biggest problem is that in five years I'll be leaving for College/University. I cannot keep a pet in a dorm, and many apartments don't allow pets either. What then? Will it become my parents dog, living in their house while I'm away at school, or will I be forced to send the pet to a shelter, or give it to a friend/co-worker who has the space in their home and heart for a dog?





There is a solution, though.


You could try to get a job at a pet store, like I am. Working at a pet store gives you the opportunity to bond with animals, including dogs. Of course you cannot become too attached or it will be sad when they are purchased, but it's better then going without. If you too young to get a job there and you're about 12 or 13 even, try to volunteers at the animal shelter in your town, or even at the dog park if you have one.
I had to go threw that about 2 3 weeks ago =)


This is how I got them to crack





I cleaned the house REALLY GOOD!


I did ALL my homework


Got my grades up


made sure the house was clean EVERY DAY!


Not one dish in the sink till this day.


On the weekend make them breakfest


then everyonce in a while bring up the suject


and do ur research and find the pros and cons to having a dog


go to bed on time


wake up early


save up your money to psy for all the shots and needs for the dog.


Tell them adopting from a shelter is a wonderfull thing to do.


Not only is it giving u a new family member its helping a good cause =)
prove to her that your responsible, by doing extra chores and show her you know how to take care of a dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment