Thursday, May 13, 2010

How do I convince my parents to get me a cell phone?

I'm 14, and I think I'm responsible enough. I am willing, if I go over on my bill, to pay the extra. I want a cell phone. I kind of think I need one. I need to be able to get ahold of my parents, without relying on other people's phones. I don't know how to convince my mom to get me a phone though. Help!How do I convince my parents to get me a cell phone?
tell them that they can always know where you are, once i got my cell phone it made communication with my parents much easier. your a teenager and are going to have plans and be hanging out, tell them that they can always call you and it;s safe in case of emergencies.How do I convince my parents to get me a cell phone?
Don't. Get a job and buy your own
Well, first off have you talked to her about this? I'm sure if you discuss with her that your willing to be responsible and if you do go over your bill, say something like your willing to pay however much it was.





I'm sure she will let you once you dicuss it with her.
tell her it's for security reasons. It works both ways; you may want to get a hold of her but she may also need to get a hold of you! There isn't always a (dirty...full of diseases) payphone for you to reach her, and your friends may not always be so generous.
get yourself in danger for a couple times (even fake ones) and tell them you couldn't get a hold of your parents wwhen you needed them. And tell'em a cell phone would have been nice in that situation.





Am I evil? Yes' I am...
tell them stuff like ';if i gt lost i cannot contact anybody'; or if im out with my friends and u need me to come home, you cannot contact me without a cell phone'; or ';i might need it for emergencies'; u mite get a crappy 1 bt its still a cell phone
You can either show that you're responsible by doing extra chores (not just making your bed or taking out the trash). I'm talking about helping cook dinner once a week or dusting the house once a week.


Or you can do odd jobs around the neighborhood to get some extra money.


Otherwise, wait until you get a job so you can pay for the phone yourself.


One last option is to talk to your mom about a prepaid phone and you pay for any additional minutes, if needed.
tell your mom that having a cellphone is very very very essential to each and everybody in this big world of ours. and it is also a medium of communication.





a hey, i never tried having a best answer...hope i might have one.tnx
Just tell them how important a cell phone is. Example 1- I saw on the news the other week a 14 year old girl was trapped in her basement and a fire started. If she had not had the cell to call 911 she'd be dead. Example 2- (a story from my teacher about how it was important to get a cell phone) One day she was in her car and this man came up to the door and asked for a ride. She said no and he wouldn't go away, he even tried to open the door %26amp; break the glass. So she drove away, and he jumped in his car and followed her. She had through back allies n stuff until she lost him.





Just keep on with stories like these %26amp; convince them. It convinced my mom. heheh. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment