Thursday, May 13, 2010

Why do people who don't have kids feel free to give out parenting advice?

Like my boss for example. He is 32, has never been married, and has no children. He isalways taking it upon himself to give out parenting advice. Half the time he makes it pretty obvious that he has no children, cause his advice sucks. Our office went to a Cancer Relay for Life and they were auctioning cakes off. My co-worker had her 3 yr old son there and he couldn't see the cakes they were showing. She said that he kept saying ';Moma I can't see. I want to see the cakes too.'; She said that our boss turned to her and had the nerve to say ';You want me to take him out of here and bust his butt?'; He has been around my daughter like 4 times maybe, and says that she is so spoiled that when she grows up, he won't be surprised to see her at the top of a clock tower with a rifle shooting at people(Don't ask me what that is suppose to mean!). I get so tired of hearing his comments. He doesn't even have kids. Why do people like this give out parenting advice?Why do people who don't have kids feel free to give out parenting advice?
oh my gosh, first thing.... i would find another job. i do not put up with other people telling me how to raise my child. the only time i accept parenting advice, is when I ASK FOR IT.





Nothing annoys me more than some know it all who has the nerve not only to tell me how to be a good mom, but also to tell me what i do is wrong! i had a friend who made the mistake of telling me it was my fault that my son was underdeveloped because i paid too much attention to him (when in fact he is autistic. )





honey, i feel for you. if you don't have the option of leaving your job, i suggest you either tune him out completely, or tell him to mind his own personal affairs. or better yet ask him since he's SUCH a good parental figure, why doesn't HE have any kids?


best of luckWhy do people who don't have kids feel free to give out parenting advice?
to some people who dont already have kids want kids tremendosly thats what they live for times like this ,it could also be jealousy
I think this guy is just a jerk plain and simple, and probably would still be a jerk even if he did have kids. I only have a dog, no kids, but I still think I am able to give some good advice at times on here. Even though I'm not a parent, I still have some good education, life experiences, etc. that perhaps one parent doesn't have, and I could help them out. But I know what you mean, some people never have anything good/nice to say, and they should just keep quiet!
Regarding the cake incident:





I wasn't there, but I'll bet I know exactly what happened: the kid was saying something like, ';Mommy, I can't see. I wanna see. Mommy, mommy, mommy, I wanna see, too. Mommy, I can't see. Mommy, I can't see. Mommy, mommy, mommy, I wanna see. Mommy. Mommy. MOMMY. I wanna see, too! Mommy! MOMMY! I wanna see, I wanna see. I wanna see the cakes. I wanna see the CAKES! Mommy!...'; until everyone within earshot was ready to scream.





How do I know this...? Because I've witnessed it about a hundred times. Mothers are deaf to the ear-splitting racket their little darlings make. The rest of us aren't.
its quite obvious people with kids havent a clue about parenting





so advice from people without kids has to be an improvement
He sounds like a real jerk and that probably has nothing to do with his not having kids. The next time he makes remarks like that, report him to his supervisor. He needs to be stopped.
Seems like those who have the least experence with something, always seem to think they know the most about it. I have met ppl like that before also. They know nothing of a childs curious mind. It also depends on how they were raised as well. They only know the parenting skills of their parents. Or lack there of sometimes is the case.
Yikes, he is rude...no wonder he is not married and has no kids!
Those who can't, teach. Lol. Sometimes tho it takes the advice from someone on the outside looking in, ya know.
I totally agree... BUT unfortunately it is called IGNORANCE!!!! and you know what, i am just as guilty....and i bet if you think long and hard you were once too!!! Man i can not count how many times i said ';who lets their kids do that...my kids will never be like that...'; and you know what, the day i gave birth to my first son i learned to keep my mouth shut.... I think your boss is a totaly dick for saying those things...BUT he will get his...when he has kids!!!! they will be terrors!!! and he will feel like a fool for saying those things
Because a lot of times a lot of parenting just boils down to common sense, and even people without children have common sense. Although on here I've noticed a lot of peopel don't have much in the way of common sense.
I would tell him to mind his own business, boss or not!
no matter how it seems. he grew up, raised by a parent. therefore, can give advice based on passed experiences. some give advice because they see the flaws that we tend to miss or not see. be open minded no matter how much it sucks to here others telling you what you should and shouldn't do. they are just words with good intentions.

No comments:

Post a Comment