Sunday, May 9, 2010

How do I ask my parents for birth control pills?

I get agonizing cramps every time, sometimes lasting for 4 days. My acne always gets worse. I have mood swings. I'm irregular, never on time, so I never know when it's coming.


I'm 16, I don't have a boyfriend and I've never had sex, but if I do ever get into a heated situation I want to be as protected as possible (with a condom of course).


I've asked my parents before, and they didn't take me seriously.How do I ask my parents for birth control pills?
maybe just try sitting down and talking to them about it and explain the reasons although you run the risk of them thinking you are having sex. if you cant talk to them or they say no you could go try going to a planned parenthood or whatever kind of free health clinic in your area and get birth control from there which will be very cheap or even free until you are 18 and you dont have to have parental permission. i went to planned parenthood and have been on birth control for about 2 years now i think and it has helped my periods a lot and my parents dont know about it and i didnt have to pay just leave donations if i have money to give.How do I ask my parents for birth control pills?
You are 16, that's when I got my first BC pack and let me tell you: the very best thing about the pill is that you will hardly have cramps (if you do they'll last for like 2 seconds) and your period will be like 2 days long. And yes it does wonders for acne. I've had a friend with horrible irregular periods that the doctor prescribed her BC just for that. Tell your parents that your periods are not normal nor healthy and that you want to go to the doc for suggestions. I bet anything the doc will bring up the pill. Have your doctor speak to your parents about the benefits of being on BC and how it will get rid of the pain and discomfort your period is causing every month ( and the protection! they can't be stupid ). And FYI, I got mine without my parents knowing when i was 16. If you have a planned parenthood or free clinic in your area they can give you them not only for free or little cost, but you don't have to have your parents consent.
Just go and get them yourself.


Go and talk to your doctor about these pains and what not and they might recommend the pill to you.





If not go and get them yourself and ask if it would help you.


You dont need to tell your parents anything, but if they ask just say the doctor recommended them for you.


If they ask or you want to tell them then go ahead. But your old enough to get pills by yourself
OH.MY.GOD.





god, go to a women's health clinic.


don't ask your parents, ffs.
Don't ask them then go to your doctor!

No comments:

Post a Comment