Sunday, May 9, 2010

Can we do a step-parent adoption by ourselves in the state of Texas? How easy is it to do?

My husband and I just got married, and I have a daughter from a previous relationship. Was wondering if it is a relatively easy process to get a step parent adoption going without the help of an attorney? Does any one have some useful links or a step by step guide on how to handle it?Can we do a step-parent adoption by ourselves in the state of Texas? How easy is it to do?
Hey! I'm going through pretty much the same thing you are, only my childrens bio hasn't signed over his rights yet. I've been doing research on the internet for awhile now trying to get information. I found a couple links that might be useful to you. Like you, I'm new to this (my husband and I got married almost a year ago) so I hope this helps some. Good luck %26amp; congrads on the new family!!!





http://www.rapidlaw.net/adoption.html?OV鈥?/a>


http://www.childadoptionlaws.com/child_a鈥?/a>


http://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/f_step.鈥?/a>Can we do a step-parent adoption by ourselves in the state of Texas? How easy is it to do?
not sure about Texas, but some states require you to be married a year or two before step parent adoption (to make sure the marraige will work) Most all adoptions require a lawyer or agency and a court room. some states require an adoption homestudy even for step parent adoptions. (background check, references, interviews). To make sure he's not a child molester or abuser. The bio fathers rights have to be terminated. First, go to a lawyer to inqure the process.
Please give it a while don't pull your daughter into this until you are sure hes not going to change on you .. i know people who greatly regret having had their child adopted by their now ex- sometimes things are better left alone ....


And by no means do iut under diress or under threats ....


you would need to prove that the real father of this child has abandonded her had no contact for at least 1 year prior to taking it to court but this still is step i would not ever consider...





it could keep her clear of future procedings considering 1/2 of all American marriages end in divorce ...I magine the chlid having to split her time between you and him when hes of no blood relation ...

No comments:

Post a Comment