Thursday, May 13, 2010

Gender roles on single parenting? Do you think it effects the child living in a one parent household?

i'm doign a paper for my sociology class on gernder rolls effecting the lives of children in a single parent householdGender roles on single parenting? Do you think it effects the child living in a one parent household?
Yes, of course, a one parent household affects the children. My bf's daughter has become a very capable carpenter, something that likely would not have happened had she been living with her mother. I think boys also miss some of the cuddling that they would ordinarily get from their mother.Gender roles on single parenting? Do you think it effects the child living in a one parent household?
Yes it does!!!





I am a girl who was raised by a man.





I was never a ';girly girl'; and always thought more like a man. I'm naturally beautiful and don't fix my hair, makeup or have much of a fashion sense.





My father ran through girlfriends like they were water and cheated on all of them. Since that's what I saw growing up, that's what I did to guys when I got old enough. People either become the victim or the abuser, I became the abuser.





By not having a mother in the house, I was always more of a tomboy and grew up with a lot of male chauvanistic attitudes, which started out towards women, then switched to men as I got older and went through a couple of husbands.





I don't think a man has any business raising a child on his own, boy or girl. Women are made by nature to rear young and men are not. Single mothers do much better than single fathers, as a general rule.
I don't think it would effect the child. I know when I first had my 1st child and my husband worked out of state for his 1st 6 months of life it was hard. I have alot of respect for the single parents.
The only time I have seen anything first hand is with a few single mom's of boy's. I have seen a few that try to make the boy the ';man of the house'; per say...but to benifit them when they are lonely...which is wierd, and usually causes attatchment issues. It doesn't seem to be common though, so personally I'd say it's just a fluke thing that happened to be single mom's. I'm sure some married mom's do the same thing. Widows also have this happen if they don't re marry sometimes.





Other than that...I haven't really noticed a difference. They seem to have a close bond with their kids for the most part.
I was raised by lesbians.





If we met and hung out, you would never know it if I didn't tell you.





I'd say the only big difference between me and others is that I'm more open minded.
I lived with just my dad when parents got a divorce. Im still my normal, spoiled self...Sweet and caring- take the shirt off my back for you kind of girl.But i am a meanie when i get mad.... But I do say I love sports haha...





My husband on the other hand was raised by his mom only-


He is sweet,competitive, loving, and judgemental lol...








So hopefully ur child will have a mix of both of our great traits :)





good luck on your paper!


Try looking up some Dr. frued.
Here is a quote with some stats to consider---


Consider these sobering statistics from the Centers for Disease Control, Department of Justice, Department of Health and Human Services and the Bureau of the Census: Children who live apart from their fathers will account for 40 percent of incarcerated adults, 63 percent of teen suicides, 70 percent of juveniles in state-operated institutions, 71 percent of high-school dropouts, 75 percent of children in chemical-abuse centers, 80 percent of rapists, 85 percent of youths in prison, 85 percent of children who exhibit behavioral disorders, and 90 percent of homeless and runaway children.





end quote





So it is a problem even though many single parents do a wonderful job it is still a disadvantage over all.

No comments:

Post a Comment