Sunday, May 9, 2010

How can I convince my parents that I need braces?

I need them, but they won't budge. They don't feel that I need them, but I do. I hate my gap and everyone in my school and my friends have straight teeth. I think I will look a lot better with straight teeth.How can I convince my parents that I need braces?
Ask them to take you for a consultation. The consultations are free, and they can probably get your orthodontic insurance from their jobs. My braces cost $5000, but my insurance paid half. I only pay like $100 a month, and I have them.





Most dentists will insist you get them, so you should tell them to ask your dentist. Braces have been proven to help teeth health. You're more likely to get cavities if your teeth are crooked.How can I convince my parents that I need braces?
Awww, my parents were the same way. My sister wants/needs them and even though they have 70% coverage, they wont budge! Parents are just stubborn sometimes





I suggest: The next time you are at the dentist, talk to him/her and see if he would be willing to talk to your parents about it. Having a professional opinion goes a long way with parents! He will probably explain the life-long benefits of having straight teeth (Easier to keep clean, boosts confidence, makes people look more professional, etc, etc)





Good luck!
Make sure you go to a good orthodontist. I went to one that wasn't good and I had braces on for 3 years and all that was fixed was my gap. So I now go to a new orthodontist and had to get my old braces taken off and new ones put on. It hurts so bad. My teeth are so sore. And now I have to have another year in braces. So if you're gonna get them go to a good place. Because im sure you dont want to have braces on for 4 years like I have to.
They are quite expensive. That is probably why your parents are more geared towards your not needing them. However you might be SoL until you can afford them yourself. You might consider seeing if they would go half, or what your medical may cover if any. Then you can try and save up to get them yourself. I know there can be alot of things a teenager wants but you have to pick whats most important. To your parents putting food on the table and cloths on your back might be their priority, but with money you earn, you decide what yours is.
Go to the dentist and ask him/her, if you need them. if you do ask him/her to talk to your parents about the benefits of having braces. your parents might not want to get them right now because braces are very pricey : ) hoped i helped.
Just go to the dentist and get a ';check up';. And ask them if you need braces. They will either assure you that you don't or you do.
Explain to them how self-conscious they make you feel, but then take action and look up budgets and different orthodontists that fit their budget comfortably. They'll probably be impressed with your initiative.
Maybe they can't afford to get you braces,
you might be able to fix your gap with a retainer
go to the dentist.

No comments:

Post a Comment