Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Is parenting harder than you expected?

I know many people who have said, ';If people really knew upfornt how hard parenting is, many people would not do it';, and ';I knew it was going to be hard, but not this hard';. Does anyone wish they would have thought harder about having kids and how it would change your life before you did?Is parenting harder than you expected?
I do not think so. Being a mother does have its challenges, but so does everything else in life. I wouldnt trade it for the world. I wish I would have waited a little longer before I had kids, but I wouldnt change anything about being a mom.Is parenting harder than you expected?
I personally, would have to say no. Don't get me wrong, my kids are no angels,but I am so very proud of howpolite they can be, how they help out. But today is a good day, ask me when they are being stinkers. LOL
Fortunately, I waited until I was in my 30s to have children and I did a lot (A LOT) of babysitting in my teens ... which may be why I waited. I was not surprised in the least by any aspect of parenting, except for how much you worry over them. Other than that, I totally love being a mother and would do it again in a nano-second.
Well if you love your mom and dad while you are in teens ,than it would be easier. Unless if you're an orphan. Parenting is sacrifice if you know it's meaning.
I don't think that it is 'harder.' It just requires more constancy than I had realized. I did not realize that the last time I'd have off was when someone took the baby for the night in the hospital...[and my kids are in high school, okay...]. Now, I also completely underestimated how much I'd love my kids and how absolutely rewarding parenting would be. I underestimated what I'd be willing to do to see that they have happy childhoods and are prepared for adult life.
it is very challenging at times, but the rewards out way the work, i enjoy parenting a lot more then i thought i would, i would not change a thing, except maybe not waiting so long to have more children, what is that saying


It Is A Labor Of LOVE


and that it is
i wouldnt change nothing at all about motherhood


yes it CAN be hard BUT its the best thing to be i love when people know im a mother i fell good about it. the only thing i wish could happen is: as soon as i start cleaning or cooking or something around the house my baby cries she loves to be carried and see everything im doing she is so into everything and wants people to carry her so she can see what theyre doing. other than that im reall happy that she chose me as her mother. and im proud of being a mother to a wonderfull baby girl(she's 6 months) she also inspires me to go to work so i can get her everything she deserves
I had no idea it would be so difficult, and how much more difficult it got as the years progressed. It has been the hardest thing I have ever done -- including beating cancer.





Would I do it differently? doubt it.


Would I have waited? doubt it.


Would I have read more, been more prepared, and talked more to other parents? Yes. Particularly about teen years.
Parenting is hard, but very fun. I can't imagine my life without my son and I'm sure I'll feel the same way once my daughter is born.





If I had to do it all over again, I would!
If anyone finds it isn't harder than they expected, that's a sure sign they aren't doing it right!
It's harder than I expected but it's also more of a blessing than I ever thought possible.


Now, i'm expecting my 5th baby, so it must not be so bad.
Being a parent can be fun and rewarding. But, on the other hand it can sometime make you want to pull your hair out. Raising a child without issues is a blessing but, how many don't have one problem or the other. Just try to take the good with the bad. Even with the problems (and I mean problems) I've had with my daughter I wouldn't trade it for the world.
This is my thing when you are pregnant people tell you all about the sleepless nights and blah blah blah about parenting. Nobody told me that my child would one day learn to talk back or that his favorite thing to do was annoy you when you are already having a bad day.





Anyway, yeah parenting is way different then I thought. Oh, sure the first year or so when all you do is feed and change your baby. That was easy compared to what I am into now. I have a 1 year old and a 2 year old. There favorite thing to do is fight with each other or fight over me. They test your limits at least once a day, but they also make me laugh. And I love night time when they both want to hug and kiss on me before going night night. I remember when things were carefree, but getting to hear my babies say ';luv you'; I couldn't imagine a day without that now. One bad day at work and all i have to do is hear one of my children say I love you. Makes everything seem so much simplier.
I made a lot of mistakes with my first child, so when I got pregnant again 20 yrs. later, I kind of know what to expect. You have to remember kids don't come with an instruction manual. So all you can do is you best.
No... I though long and hard about having kids, and have never regretted the decision.. I am proud to be a parent and yes at times it is challenging, but that makes it more rewarding in the end.





And really parenting is only as hard as you make it for yourself.......
it's absolutely hard but at the same time it's very much worth it, I've never had a single second of any day that seeing her face (pouting immensly or not) hasn't made every hardship worth it =)
You know I never thought about that before and or after now that I have five of my own. To me it's a challenge; a challenge that I enjoy. Still I believe that parenting is the hardest job in the world.


It could be a lot worse if I ever forgot that they are not robots to be ordered around or I forgot a polite word such as thank you and or please. We are the key to whether or not it is easy and or hard. It is up to us.
so far its been easier than expected as I was 18 when I had her and kept hearing how hard it is...HOWEVER I only have one and she is very very good. I don't know how I would cope in a more challenging situation. Also I am graduating saturday to become a TEACHER so I obviously love kids. I think it is different for everyone and depends on the circumstances.
yeah its hard but take one day at a time
I don't think I would have changed anything in regards to having my two boys. But I do wish someone would have explained to me how hard it would be to be the ';bad'; guy and telling the boys no or that they can't do something and see that disapointed look on their faces.
much harder- i was disappointed to realise i was not mother earth . had 3 small boys in 3 1/2 years ( after struggling with infertility- go figure). i think if i'd spaced them out more, i would have done a better job and given each more time....Not spent so much time overwhelmed and frustrated that I had no time to myself. everyone is different though, and someone else may have coped easily with my ruffians

No comments:

Post a Comment