Monday, May 10, 2010

How do I convince my parents that I will not get killed crossing a busy street?

I'm 20 years old and I currently use the bus for transportation because I'm not doing too well financially to afford a car. So I'm going to the mall later and I have to cross a REALLY busy intersection to get to the mall. My parents are freaking out because they think I'll get hit by a car. How do I ease their minds and assure them that I will be safe?How do I convince my parents that I will not get killed crossing a busy street?
You can't. Parents worry, that's what we do. It doesn't matter how old you get, your parents will always worry about you. I worry about my kids, and my parents worry about me.





Sorry, but at least you know they care. Just live your life and don't go out of your way to make them nervous. It's all you can do.How do I convince my parents that I will not get killed crossing a busy street?
ummm, wow. its a good thing they are still concerned, it shows they still love ya, but you are 20 years old. crossing the street should be one of the first things a parents should trust you with. its a pretty basic process. i guess the most you can do is have a sit-down with your parents, and lecture (yes, lecture) your parents. cross it a few times, avoid the big fast things on wheels, and they will see you have finally obtained the ability to cross a street. if you do happen to get hit, you prolly deserve it, bad karma or something.
Best way to convince them is DON'T GET HIT BY A CAR.





Use the crosswalks whenever they're available and use the pedestrian crossing button on the traffic light poles whenever they're available.





Remind them, respectfully, that you are, afterall, 20.





And DON'T GET HIT BY A CAR.
First, let them know that you are 20. However, it is always nice to know that your parents still want you around. Can you google earth the intersection and see if there is a cross walk and light. If you do that, that may feel a little safer.
Tell them you are joining the Marines, they'll quickly forget about busy intersections.
your gonna get hit by a car.
tell them you are 20 years old.. geez!! you learned in KG to look both ways before crossing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment