Monday, May 10, 2010

How should I ask my parents for therapy?

I believe I have depression. I have all the signs. I want cousiling so I can move on,but I dont know how to ask my parents. I dont think they would ever suspect me having it because they dont really pay attention to me. But depression does run in my family.How should I ask my parents for therapy?
In response to a previous answer, you do not have to be stuck in bed to have depression. Many people, actually, have the ability to ';turn it off'; in social situations and act completely normal around other people, but when they are alone, they feel very depressed or hopeless (this is a condition called dysthymia, a type of depression). Just because you can get on the computer does not mean that you are not depressed.


In regards to speaking to your parents, if you do not feel that they will listen to you, there are plenty of resources that you can access on your own. Ask you school counselor or a teacher if they can refer you to someone. Just say, ';I'm having a hard time and I think that I need to talk to someone professional.'; If you do get into counseling, the counselor will likely give you tools and techniques for communicating with your parents.


Hope this helps.How should I ask my parents for therapy?
You need to talk to your parents, your doctor, and your school counselor. Don't take ';no'; for an answer.





Good luck!
I'm very sorry about your depression. is that why you were mean to me? I was typing really fast.
I don't think u are trully suffering of depression..... I'v eseen it (not suffered it, but seen it) my grandma had depression once and couldn't even get up from bed. She wouldn't talk 2 anyone... It was horrible. And I don't think that u are suffering those things, as u could stand up from bed to ask this question!!! but if you believe that u do need therapy, just explain ur parents ur sinthoms or what do you feel, and you and them canb make the desicion together!!
Well, good for you for stepping up and addressing it. First tell your folks. If they don't listen, you can find a counseling place, write down their info, and bring the info to your folks to show them you're serious.
dosnt matter if you ask them or not it wont help you .. it never will and no kid of medication they give you will help you will always feel the way you feel and if u want to move on and move out of it... you already did all the work yourself and you dont have depression.. trust me
Can you talk to your parents? If so, then do it. If you don't feel that you can do that, then find another trusted adult you can talk to. My email and Messenger are on my 380 if you wish to ever talk. I will understand.
Talk to your family doctor or gynecologist. They really aren't supposed to tell your parents what you tell them. Medications are dangerous for teens. Be careful. I don't know how old you are, but I remember a Christmas vacation back when I was 14 or 15 where I did nothing but sleep for someting like 18 days, I got up and ate twice a day and then went back to bed. That should have been a sign to my parents, but they never noticed. The longer you suffer from mental illness and go untreated, the worse it will get, generally.
If you find out, let me know. I'm in a similar situation.


birdy5005@yahoo.com
talk to an adult about it and ask for help a doctor a teacher or a family member any1 you feel close with. try it
  • cream treatment
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment