Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How would you feel if someone was questioning your parenting?

This weekend i had my cousins wedding and today at breakfast my niece comes up to me and my boyfriend and asks us a question. She said '; how come everytime Adam cries(my son) you give him a bottle';? So i said ';why would you say that Mickey';? And she said ';because mommy was saying to daddy that you give him a bottle whenever he cries. My boyfriend was pissed and he said your mom is a lier and doesnt know what shes talking about'; We live with my sister and he husband but were moving out next weekend, so till then we cant say anything to let about there ruid remarks and comments. But how would you feel if you knew they talk about your parenting and other stuff behind your back? Espacially when there kid comes up to you and asksHow would you feel if someone was questioning your parenting?
this question sounds like it came from a little kid.





If that is true then I would understand that little kids dont know how to not tell everyone what mommy and daddy say about other people..





You boyfriend should not have said to the kid that his parents were liers, that just makes him look bad and not he parents. All he needed to say was 'really..? That's nice'; and then leave it at that.





People will say what they say. Ignore them and they will stop commenting..How would you feel if someone was questioning your parenting?
Just hold your tongue hon, you're almost out of there. Its not worth the worry. Hold your tongue UNLESS she confronts you but dont do anything on the assumption from something a 7yr old said. She may not hav heard the whole conversation.





And its none of anyone elses business. Its your child. You decide when you feed him. Some babies are hungrier than others. Just brush it off honey.... think of next weekend!!! Its hard BELIEVE ME I know!!! I have the same thing!!!! But be the bigger person.
Completely ignore their comment. Don't let them make you question your parenting. You know your baby, they don't. YOU know what's best for him, THEY DON'T. If I were in the same situation, I'd hold my tongue until I moved out. Then, after moving out, I'd sit down with them and tell them it's very disrespectful to call someone's parenting into question, especially in front of a child. Tell them if they were concerned that they should talk to you about it. Maybe their parenting should be called into question. Rude remarks/comments in front of children is definetly a ';no no.';
Today life is very unfair, Family members starting trouble and so on, But I would with your case, don't worrie about and go on with your life, people say things every day, about everyone, I wouldnt care what others say,, as long as I know im doing whats best for my family.... that is whats best, just let it go... why add fire to fire, this way its like adding a cup of cold water...
Don't get defensive over it. It could be that the kid took something out of context or maybe she didn't hear the whole conversation. The best thing to do is brush it off. If your sister or brother-in-law thought you were doing something wrong I'm sure they would have at least commented on it. If you feel confident about your parenting skills that is all that matters but it wouldn't hurt to keep an open mind for advice. One thing I have to disagree with is your boyfriend calling your sister a liar. It's easy to say things out of spite but it's very discourageing to a child to hear one adult call another adult a name. Don't let this ruin your relationship with your sister and brother-in-law. It would probably be best if you and your sister had a heart-to-heart about what happened. Maybe she can shed some light on the situation.
Ignore the comment especially since it was from a Child, kids say anything, why worry about what other people think? Its your baby and you can feed it as much as you like.
Unfortunately, this kind of thing isn't uncommon. When I was a new mother, people seemed to think it was their job to give me parenting advice. (Now that I have 7 children, people no longer feel they need to give advice... interesting how that works.)





Here's a funny story - we had a baby who really liked to have his back patted rather forcefully after eating. He would get gassy otherwise. My husband was out with him, baby over his shoulder, patting his back. The baby was calm, happy, smiling.





An old lady smiled sweetly and asked him, ';Oh, is that your first?';





My husband said, ';No, it's my 6th.';





She then scowled and said, ';Well, you should know better than that then. You're hurting him like that!';





So my husband stopped patting the baby's back. As soon as he did, the baby started to screech - and when my husband started patting again, he settled down and smiled again.





The old lady walked off in a huff.





The moral of this story is: YOU know what your baby needs and wants. Instinctive parenting is natural parenting. Let your sister raise her own child. You raise yours. :)
Do you know if they meant it in a bad way or an educational way?Maybe they told her why you give him a bottle or when u give him a bottle. If they did mean it in a bad way, dont worry about. Its not like you are neglecting your baby! I know living with people can cause strain, things will get better once you have your own place,

No comments:

Post a Comment