Monday, May 10, 2010

How do I convince my parents to let me punk?

I love punk and the ways, but I have to wear preppy clothes and my mom got mad because I want to take guitar or bass lessons and I was talking about Led Zeppelin and Fall Out Boy. I'm not a dumb poser either, I have a 4.0 GPA.How do I convince my parents to let me punk?
Punk isn't an attitude, a clothing style, or a way of life. It's music.





That said, don't ask your parents to be punk. That isn't punk in any way. Do they buy your clothes? Just start asking to go to different stores. Thrift stores or whatever you like. Start cutting up and re-sewing your clothing to make it more 'punk' or customized the way you want it. Cover a polo in sharpie doodles. That is, if you have access to a sewing machine. As for lessons, if your parents won't let you at first, get a guitar and start teaching yourself on your own. Sites like www.chordie.com can show you chords and how to play songs. If you start getting good, your parents might be more likely to pay for lessons.How do I convince my parents to let me punk?
um.. thats gay that ur mom wants you to be who she wishes she was. she should let you be who you want to be. you should jus express urself anyways and tell her to build a bridge and get over it. i have a cousin whos mom is like that.


sorry no disrespect.

Report Abuse



led zeppelin and fall out boy are not even close to punk so stfu your a prep who wants to be a trendy wanna be punk.. so **** off.

Report Abuse



and true punx would never even want approval.

Report Abuse



you should just sit them down and tell them how you feel and that you would really like to express yourself......and if that does'nt work just do it anyway
you do what you want.
Being punk isn't about dressing cool.


Poser.


It's about being yourself, you shouldn't have to ';dress'; punk to be one.
I don't think you can be punk and be a fan of Fall Out Boy
Punk is a rebellious phase of adolescence. Like the person said before, ';do what you want.'; You don't ask to be punk, or try to convince mother and father to let you be punk, just do it. Understand what you actually represent when you take on the persona of ';punk';, you don't want to be a, ';dumb poser';.
punk is just lame...after a while you grow out of it. I used to skateboard a lot and etc, but it just gets gay. Preppy is the way to go man...seriously. Preppy is just another word for mature.

No comments:

Post a Comment