Sunday, May 9, 2010

How do I ask my parents if I can start wearing makeup?

I am 14 years old and I really want to start wearing mascara and eyeliner very lightly. I go into high school this year and I just want to be able to feel confident even more than now. I have brown eyes and brown hair and long eyelashes. I was just wondering how I could get up the nerve to just ask my parents. What should I say? Do you think that I am old enough? Please and thank you!!How do I ask my parents if I can start wearing makeup?
Congratulations on moving on to high school! I think at 14 plus entering high school, you're old enough, BUT, in my opinion, your parents may not be THRILLED about you starting to wear makeup, if you haven't been. BUT, have no fear! That's normal for parents, it's one of those little inevitable stepping stones you'll be taking into adult hood. If you're afraid they will say 'NO!' right off the bat, the best way to get to 'YES!' from them, is to bring up the subject, and tell them JUST what you've told us, because they're good points. But I think if they're leaning towards 'no', more than likely they are concerned that you might put on too much. So, I would first and foremost, if they say no, ask them super nicely (if they don't volunteer to you their reasons) why they don't want you to. When they tell you their reasons: LISTEN. If it's because of the amount of makeup, let them know you plan on NOT wearing a lot, like a lot of girls, unfortunately, do. Mascara and light eyeliner I think is an excellent amount and shows you've thought it out and that you're smart about it. I wouldn't fight with them about it if they say no initially, which will also show them your maturity. Then possibly by the end of summer, they may change their mind. Good luck and enjoy the last summer before high school starts!!How do I ask my parents if I can start wearing makeup?
Hun, you should not need to ask. It is your body, you should be able to do whatever you want with it. IF you want to though when your shopping I would casually just be like


-Ooo mom, look at the lipstick (or something else) it is cute, can I get it-


or just sit down and have a talk with your parents. Make up should not need to be a concern at your age, everyone looks beautiful the way they are. Natrual is the best look, plus make up is bad for your skin unless it is foundation.
First you pick up your pineapple and rub the strawberry bush over your post box eyes, after that you ask your bus stop dad if you look like a rat, if your dad says you look like a taxi then you should be in a tea bag mood, you then go ask your aeroplane mother, do i look like a apple mum if she agrees then you should be definitly a squidgy chess piece and enjoy your steam train high school :) x
yeah i definitely think your old enough.


i started when i was like 10 maybe..


but just go to the drugstore's makeup aisle.


then basically pick something out and then tell her you'll pay for it.


or you could find something on a really good sale and tell her that you'd like to buy it because of such a great deal, but that youll pay for it.


with me i never really asked, i just started buying little htings on our trips to the drugstore and it got more and more frequent.


i think the first thing i bought was a big palette thing for my eye colour that was on for 5 dollars or something.


now i buy makeup almost every time i go.


good luck, and dont be scared.


approach the topic with confidence.
I think that's the age most girls start wearing makeup. Yes, I think your old enough. I would just start wearing mascara at first.





As for the parents thing, I'd ask your mom first. She's most likely to okay it. Tell her you would apply light amounts. Then maybe she'll talk to your dad for you.





Good luck!
Sure your old enough. Just don't go for the black mascara and eyeliner yet. Go for brown an for the eyeliner you can get diffrent colors that arn't too vibrant or dark. Just ask them if you can start off with brown eyeliner and mascara since your hair is brown. It will look more natural.
The conversation should go a little like this::


';Mom,Dad. Im going to high school now, im older, more mature. I think i should start wearing a bit of makeup now. Nothing too much, just a bit of eye-liner and mascara. What do you think(smile)?';





That will definetley work
Get one of your parents alone and simply explain that you would like to incorporate make-up into your lifestyle. Explain that you won't over-do it and that you just want to play up your features. Good luck.


Edit: I definitely think you're old enough.
You could just come up to your mom and be like mom how do i put on eyeliner for that natural look? and she'll realize you don't want to over do it and just bring out your features and it's that easy :)
i think you are old enough. just ask your mom very politely, ';Mom, I think that I am old enough to wear mascara and eyeliner. Don't worry, I'd wear it really lightly.'; or something to that effect. hopefully she will say yes!!! :)
Just ask. Don't be scared. If they don't let you wear mascara, try asking about clear mascara. It's more natural. I ask my mom. She said just a little. Only mascara, eye shadow, and lip gloss for me. I wear them separately.
';Yo, im wearing make-up mum .. AND dad you wanna moan pissoff, im 14 and you cant tell me what to do'; :) yay before you know it your face is looking make-uppy and your sorted (Y)
i didnt start wearing makeup til i was 16 and my parents told me i had to buy my own if i wanted to wear it.
Your probably old enough to wear a little bit, but you should all ways ask your parents they do know best.......
just do it. dont ask. they might not notice it any ways unless you wear it excessively
';Hey mum, you think I can start wearing make up? Just to try it?';





Tada
Don't ask. Just put a bit on. Just subtly though
im 14 too!!!! just ask
ask
can i wear makeup? just to try? how old were u when u put on makeup?
  • cream treatment
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment