Friday, January 15, 2010

What should I buy My parents for Christmas?

My parents have everything...It's hard to find things for them. I hate buying Gift cards because I don't think it's personal enough but will if I have too. My father is not into sports but loves guns and motorcycle things. My mother is picky and she collects nothing. Please give me some ideas.What should I buy My parents for Christmas?
I don't know how much money you have to spend or how old you are. So maybe if you give me those specifics I can come up with a more concrete idea for items. But being with that, here is something that can be low in cost or high in cost depending on how much you want to put into it. How about a day with you for each of them?





For mom, ideas might be including a gift certificate to a spa (higher in cost) or movie rental and dinner. Does your mom like to shop? Then tell her you guys are going to go ';window'; shopping together all day. That doesn't cost anything. Plan the itinerary and type it all up. Then include photos or even special thoughts or memories on why you chose that as what to do that day together. For your dad, if he owns a motorcycle, then offer a day to ride with him, pay for lunch, pick fun spots to go see together. Or see if there is any motorcycle or gun shows coming up at any convention centers in the next 3-4 months and include going to that in your day with him. Think about what he would want and plan that day.





Again, if you want more specific gift ideas and not ones that are as much about giving your time as money, then let me know what costs your are thinking. I love to give gifts and make it a priority to figure out just the right ones for the receiver!What should I buy My parents for Christmas?
I am glad my suggestions helped! Some off the norm places I love to find unique gifts for those hard to shop for people are the catalogs Uncommon Goods (love this one), Red Envelope, Signals and Betty's Attic. If you want, feel free to email me with any ';interests'; they have and we can brainstorm.

Report Abuse



For my mom I made her a photo collage blanket from www.snapfish.com They have some cute ideas if your parents are into family photos and memories (which most parents are) and you can make its personal and special. If your dad likes a particular brand (harley, yamaha, etc) you can check out their stores, or order some motorcycle gear online. He reminds me of my uncle, and I got him some motorcycle gloves from Harley.
For our parents:


my mother-her favorite perfume I found cheaply on ebay (Thank God or she wouldn't have gotten it!)


my father-a tshirt I also found on eBay that some guy makes that says White and Nerdy(My dad LOVES Weird Al and IS a huge nerd)


my husbands mother-a white sapphire journey pendant and chain I found at another auction site


my husbands father-a stepping stone with a face on it we found on clearance at Cracker Barrell(he loves their store and has several tree face things in his yard so this just adds to his collection)


my husbands step mother-a black pearl necklace/earring/bracelet set(got on the same auction site as his mothers journey pendant for about $12 plus S%26amp;H)

No comments:

Post a Comment