Saturday, January 23, 2010

How can I convince my parents to let me race?

Its something I really want to do with all my heart. How can I? Its something I want more than anything in the world.How can I convince my parents to let me race?
And the fact that you are totally inexperienced, and want to do it with all your heart(that somehow does not fly!).





Try go-carting, and go from there. Stay away from the road-racing...not even professional drivers ';race'; on public streets...How can I convince my parents to let me race?
I just turned 16 in January and i've been begging my parents to let me race for YEARS. And let me tell you, it isnt easy.





One problem is finances. My dad used to race motorcycles and he told me how expensive it is. Imagine CARS. If I were you, i would devise a finances plan....maybe plan for sponsors or something. I've been trying that too.





Also be responsible in all aspects. If you're parents see that you are responsible and mature, they'll be more inclined to help out.





Another thing, be persistent, but don't nag. If its one thing that parents HATE its the ';AWW COME ON PLEEEEAAASSSEEEE?!?!?!'; :]





Try this: '; Mom, Dad. I understand that I'm young and somewhat inexperienced. But I REALLY REALLY want to race. I'm so passionate about it and I think I'm really good..';





be calm and mature. Go on to explain probable sponsors or something. Once you get started, it'll be a breeze.





I'm gonna be honest: I still havent started yet. I want this more than ANYTHING. My dad takes me go kart racing now, and i beat him even though he has TONS of experience :]. I think he's coming around!! But if the more of us girls get together and team up, we can make a difference. keep trying and don't give up!











stay chill





:]
I think it is great that you have something that you are passionate about!! Try looking into racing schools or leagues. Something that teaches you how to race, so that they feel better about the situation.Check out this link, http://www.racingschools.com/rs/How-to-b鈥?/a> GOOD LUCK TO YA!!
First, wait until you become 20, then go to racing schools as a summer-camp type of thing and then do well and your parents will be proud of you and there!!!
Since you are sixteen and have a while before you can be independent I would suggest you try to be extra responsible in all phases of your life. If you are doing poorly in school or getting into trouble at home your parents will never think you are ready for something they do not understand like racing.





Learn all you can about racing and try to get one of your parents interested. Ask them to take you to a race, if they get interested you will have a much better chance. Stick with it, persistance is one of the qualities a racer needs. I have been in racing for years and women will be very much a part of the future of auto racing so no worries there.





Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment