Saturday, January 23, 2010

How can I show my parents I can handle a relationship?

So I'm in college but I'm going to go to community college and my parents are Indian so they really disapprove of relationships. I like this guy and he really likes me too and we want to try a long distance relationship because hes going to college around 7 hours from home. I was wondering how I can convince my mom to let me at least try my hand at this relationship. I want to make her happy and I want to be honest with her. Any ideas would be nice.How can I show my parents I can handle a relationship?
If you're parents are that strict about it, you really are better off not to even tell them. You're old enough if you're in college to date someone. But if you're not comfortable with that...you've got to have a long talk with your mother first. Let her know that you had to tell her because you couldn't do this behind their back, show them how mature you are. Your mother should be able to talk your dad around. If they are against it, you can go ahead and do it anyway - you're an adult, they really can't stop you, and at least it's out in the open so you don't need excuses for sneaking around.How can I show my parents I can handle a relationship?
You should REALLY not start off your first relationship as a long distance one. It will be a painful one and will leave you with a bad image of relationships when the man cheats on you. Not being able to see you and touch you WILL have him cheat with you.


Respect your parents as long as you live under their roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment