Thursday, January 21, 2010

How do I get my parents to get me a Dog?

I am a teenage girl straight A's(not common now a days in teenage girls), play basketball, I babysit my siblings on a regular basis. I go to church and etc. My parents still say no to me getting a dog. I have been asking for one since I was atleast 2 years old. Any ideas on how to convince my parents to get me a dog? Please and ThanksHow do I get my parents to get me a Dog?
You will just have to be patient, sit down with your parents when they are in a good mood, ask them why they are so against you having a dog...sounds like you stay pretty busy, maybe they think you wont have time to care for the dog properly...prove to them you do have time and you can take of it....good luckHow do I get my parents to get me a Dog?
just go buy one and keep it in your room until they find it. when they do, say something like you have had the dog for weeks, and it is perfectly healthy. I am responsible enough to take care of this thing.
Try starting small, with a pet that doesn't take as much responsiblility so you can prove yourself. However, there are so many dogs out there in shelters that need homes. No matter what DO NOT get a dog from a STORE. These places get their dogs from puppy mills, underground factories with extremely inhumane conditions where dogs are bred until they can't have any more litters and are then euthanized or left to die. If you do buy from a store you will be supporting these cruel people and their buisnesses. There are so many shelters with many different dogs. Go to http://stoppuppymills.org/ for more info and to get puppy adopting tips. You could also try fostering a dog from a local shelter who does that or walking a neighbors dog. Fostering would be a great temporary way to prove that without getting into a 15 yr commitment. Also, go to that site and show your parents all those dogs taht need homes that aren't even as expensive as the ones in the stores.
Prove to them you can take care of it. Paying for its vet and spay or neuter bills. Paying for its food and paying others to care for the dog when you go on trips. Oh yeh clean up its dog pooh and spit ups in the house and in the yard...and when you take it for walks...pay for damages it causes the neighbors property. Pets are a commitment and a resposibilty...you ready for all that?
Pssh I know how you feel.


I do the exact same thing, But now I have cats so...=x


But if you really want a dog, Try showing your parents you are really responsible.


And I know I just sounds like 'everyone else,' But that's really all there is to do.


If any of your friends have pets have them bring them to your house and play with it and feed it in front of them.


Start reading up on how to take care of dogs and print out information.


Show your parents' pictures of the dog that you want, And introduce them to the new technology they have that would make it easy to have a dog such as the little cheap water fountain things to keep water all the time, The dog food holders that hold ALOT of food so you don't have to keep filling it up, And how some dogs even have mats to go to the bathroom on.


The way I got my first cat was I brought it home and my parents fell inlove with it, Even thugh they hated cats.


Then they wanted to keep it =P


Well I know it probably doesn't help VERY much, But try it, Might work.


Sorry I have no other suggestions.


GOOD LUCK!! XD


Peace.
heres what i did


i made a big chart saying information about the dog i wanted, where its food bowls etc would go, that i had the money to get additional accessories etc


it worked out great


i also said i would take full responsibilites for walking and feeding etc him, which they used back on me a couple times... but i have my dog ! :)
My parent dosent like dog but my friend he found a puppy on the street and he couldnt take care it because his parent dosent let him.


He gave it to me and i just took it home and my parent didnt like it at first they were like no we aint taking this dog but we took it any way because the puppy have no where to go.





That how i got a dog
as a parent myself its not just the dog that you will get its the vet bills as well, maybe your parents cant afford to keep a dog, they do cost money. maybe tell them that you will help with the vet bills, food worm tablets etc?
Ask for a goat or something worse, then they might give in
Read the other 10,000 answers to this question that is asked EVERY DAY. Or how about respecting your parents' wishes? That seems pretty uncommon in teenage girls now a days too.
  • nyx cosmetic
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment