Saturday, January 23, 2010

Can I sponser my parent while their asylum case is pending in the ninth circuit court of appeals?

I am a US Citizen. My parents have applied for appeal in the ninth circuit for their asylum case. Can I sponsor them now or is it too late? What are the steps I need to take?Can I sponser my parent while their asylum case is pending in the ninth circuit court of appeals?
It's never too late, of course you can file immigrant petitions for your parents, if you're a US citizen and over 21. Even if they were deported and back in their home country, you still have the right to file petitions for your parents, although that would certainly complicate things. I wouldn't wait too long if I were you though. If your parents are appealing their case in Federal court, they must have an attorney representing them. Talk to the attorney and get on with it.Can I sponser my parent while their asylum case is pending in the ninth circuit court of appeals?
Too late. You neglect to state their citizenship, but obviously they have already been turned down for asylum. It is highly unlikely that they can ever get it. If you try to sponsor them now, that's the end of the asylum case; if they lose the asylum case, which is a near-certainty, they have to leave and it is too late to sponsor them. Classic case of shooting yourself in the foot. Immigration authorities will detect the distinct aroma of immigration fraud if you try to keep them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment