Saturday, January 23, 2010

How do I tell my parents about thoughts of suicide?

I'm 14, and I've had these suicidial thoughts for about 4 or 5 years now. Everything seems to go downhill and nothing seems to turn out in a good way, it seems like everything is in my loss for other peoples happiness, if you know what i mean.


how am I supposed to tell my mother about these thoughts?


How do I tell my parents about thoughts of suicide?
their is no easy way to tell your parents you thought about suicide,but the fact your willing to tell your parents is good because its shows that you care for them. now to answer your question mind you i am not an expert i would say to speak first with the parent you have a stronger bond to as they will be more understanding of your plight. i really cant give you much advice but will say this life is hard but its those hardships that make us stronger. your far to young to have your life end. may you find happiness in life and never resort to suicide. hang in there and just tell them aout it, get it of your chest.How do I tell my parents about thoughts of suicide?
heya, have you ever try to accept the suicidal thought as a thought but do not react to it? Coz reaction means more food for those thoughts. So the best not feed it and catch it everytime it exists in your mind. Try not to react, just watch it, let it be there, look at it inside you how it crumble itself of craziness If you can do that, its pathway to real freedom, more real than any freedom than a thought can imagine.


If you practice this eventually, this will help you in your social interactions. Eg: have you ever notice when someone is talking to you about something and after you spoke to that person, maybe your walking home alone and your thought jumps in and interpret that those ways of interaction wasnt fair and selfish? Why didnt it happen while you were talking to him/her? Yeah, its the thought that creates it first and see it as negativity.


Being with acceptance in life as that is just the way things is. Some people brought up to this world differently to each of us and this whats makes every form (human) unique. We are all different and acceptance is our path to this. What decision you make if your carrying a heavy backpack for years?


So, Just let it go, drop everything, let life be in your side not your thought.





All the best for you in every moment. :)





- KR





* Just watching your thought is enough to break itself*
you're only 14, your good life is yet to begin, there's lot of joy waiting you ahead, you can achieve great deeds for yourself or for the earth when you grow older. think about it. if you have to tell your parents just do it straight and plain. Suicide is considered as same crime as murdering a fellow, you go to hell and its not a fancy place, we are all properties of God. you dont want your creations to kill themselves do you? and if they do you have to impose the proper punishment.
This is a good site for you to have a rummage through if only to enlighten you to the fact that depression and suicidal thoughts in young people are not that rare and can I just apologise for the folk who dismiss your worries with 'oh your only 14' they clearly know nothing about the nature of true depression .Depression can hit anyone at any age.


http://childparenting.about.com/cs/disor鈥?/a>





You have to accept that the way out of feeling like this is getting help and the first step is to tell someone close to you.If they dismiss you and say shake yourself out of it ask them to make an appointment for you with your doctor.That might be enough to get them to realise you are serious.After that you take it a step at a time.Without help it can only get worse so just explain to Mum that you have been very down for a long long time and think you might need help.Good luck.I really hope you come out of this well.
Tell her just like you have said on here,you know kids dont like to talk their parents for what ever reasons but you know parents arent that hard to talk to.Im sure your mother would be very understanding and would rather know your feelings.If you dont feel comfortable talking to your mother go talk to your school counselor.But please go talk to someone.I know it is hard to have these feelings and feel like you are all alone.But there are alot of people out there that care and if you dont talk they are not going to know what you are feeling.So drop what you are doing and go talk to your mother now.Print this page out and go give it to her.something just go talk to somebody now.
Well you are reaching out for help, by asking the question, so that is good. Please just talk to your parents, I promise you they SHOULDN'T be mad, they would rather you talk to them now, so they can help you, than something happen to you. I know that for a fact because I have 3 children of my own, they are little but if anything ever happen, I don't know what I'd do.... Please just talk to them and if you need to talk just let any of us know.
I felt the same at 14 tried it once, gave me a fright never tried it again, life is far too short especially at 14. The hardest step is telling someone how you feel but believe me it is the best, once you realize how much your mother really cares for you and what she will be willing to do for you, your fears and desire to end your life will stop.





Has something happened in your life to make you feel like this ?



Can you show her this screen? Let her see how you can explain it to us, and maybe that will get through to her.





Just remember it is hard growing up, and s lot of people don't feel just ducky every day, and by no way am I trying to be mean. You are in your early teens when your emotions and reactions need to be checked even daily, by you. Try writing things down like: what do I like about me? What are some good things that I have done? Gratitude list, what are you grateful for, for today?





try to keep in the day, the hour, the minute. Also, work at being happy for others, now, or you will have this chip on your shoulder when you get my age! Good luck
we had the same situation. but i am already 19 years old and i have thoughts of suicide since i was 10.





i havent tell my patients about this. Just one time they caught me tying a rope in my room when i was 12. but they havent take it seriously. they just laugh and thinking i was joking.





when i was 16, my mother died and i had a depression about what happened. i cut my wrist but i didnt do it to end my life. i just want to hurt my self.





my older sister wants me to undergo psychiatric therapy but it is very expensive here. almost or more than 400pesos per session.





now i still have thoughts of depression what i am doing is controlling not to do it.
Hey I felt the same way when I was 14...In fact I used to feel like that even now...first of all...just the mere fact that you are telling us will make you feel good and telling your mother will make you feel even better..believe me if your mom is like everyone else she might have felt the same way too.


You should read a book called Joy by OSHO, believe me it changed my whole life. I really like one of his quotes: '; You feel everyone is happy but you because you see their outer self, they are all laughing on the outside and miserable inside';
LOL! umm your 14 nothing is gonna go the way of a teen ager, get over it will be fine when **** calms down. stop being an emo and just stop careing about everyone else. if no one does anything for your benifit then screw them and do things for your self. your to young to worry about this stuff
You need to just sit them down and be honest. You might have a chemical imbalance that a doctor needs to help you with. You are only 14, you have A LOT of more living to do then what you have already done. Talk to your parents honestly.
you say, mom, dad, I feel like killing myself and I really don't want to so will you get me some help-any sane parent will and if they don't tell someone who will listen and get that help you need.
Well you're obviouslyoverreacting. You're only 14, nothign ca be that bad to make you want to commit suicide. Just chill out, you got loads of time still.






i just got out of a mentel hospital, i atemted suiside but faild so thay sent me to a hospital for help. id recamend you talk to a counsler
You need to be positive. Negativitey leads to depression. Try to see the cup as half full. You can do it.
yes talk to you mother or father abour this and they'll help you in to not thinkin of killing yourself..


how bout ur future huni!?


think about that///


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment