Saturday, January 23, 2010

How do I convince my parents that driving is safe?

I just turned 16 and I know that I'm not as experienced a driver as my parents... I accept that. But I still feel that my parents should be able to handle the ';worry'; of my driving to and from school every day (which is all of about 5 minutes away). The marginal cost is basically negligible... they already pay my insurance on the car (for when I drive with them... once in a blue moon) and my driving would replace my mom dropping me off and picking me up every day.How do I convince my parents that driving is safe?
Well, essentially, your parents are right. Driving is unsafe, even for experienced drivers.





However, talk to them about reducing the risks. (And point out that you won't be a safe driver unless you practise.)





Perhaps you can agree to never allow your friends in the car, eat while driving, talk on your cellphone, play with the radio, and all of those other things that increase risk.





Are you licensed to drive on your own? If you are, consider still having your mother in the car; you drive her to school, and then she drives herself home.





If you're not able to drive on your own, suggest that you, with a parent, drive to and from school once every weekend, just to practice when there isn't as much other new-driver traffic. It's probably not your driving that they're worried about, it's the other drivers.





And if you haven't taken a driving course, do so.How do I convince my parents that driving is safe?
you can't convince them right away, its takes time to make that fear go away. once they get used to the fact of you driving they won't be so worried.
  • makeup help
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment