Saturday, January 23, 2010

How do I convince my parents to let me go to school?

I've tried pros and cons list, and when we had an appointment with the guidance counselor that still didn't work. What should I do? Should I clean the house since it's messy? Please help me! I don't want to miss school, and I hate homeschooling!How do I convince my parents to let me go to school?
I'm sorry, but you post this a lot.





The only thing you can do is talk to them, show responsibility and be mature about it.





There is nothing else we can really say.How do I convince my parents to let me go to school?
She has a point. If the public schools are bad, you can always look into private schools, but be careful because sometimes those can be much worse. I understand your point about not wanting to be homeschooled, so I would look up social issues that kids have when they are homeschooled. One of my best friends only went to school for 3 months and now in college, she has absolutely no social skills and literally alienates everyone she sees. She doesn't mean to, it's just that she hasn't had the constant interaction that everyone else has. I know that she never really went to school, so I'm patient with her but unfortunately, she is often an object of ridicule despite her kind nature and superior intellect.





There were a few kids that went to the Catholic school I attended (worst school in the county, but people thought it was great. Most public elementary schools were academically more advanced than the Catholic high school) who had been home schooled and they took forever to fit in. The girl is perfectly fine now and has no social issues, but the boy is I think 22 now and still can't get people to relax around him.





I'm sorry if this sounds bad, I'm just trying to help you make a case to your parents, I have no idea how you are socially. You might want to bring up the fact that a lot of people can look around in a crowd (particularly teenagers) and know just by watching someone for a few seconds who went to school and who didn't. It's like a scarlet letter that can only be removed with mainstream socialization.
I was in a small religious school for 2 years in high school and I hated every day of it. I went on my own to the admissions office of the local high school and got the enrollment papers. I did research and found out that it was one of the top high schools in the county - high graduation rates, high % of graduates going to college, high SAT scores, etc. Then told my parents that I was miserable at my current school and wanted to at least try the public school - which was walking distance rather than a 45 minute bus ride away. I got them to agree to send me there for 1 semester as a test and it worked out so I got to stay.





but in the end they are your parents and it's ultimately their choice. If it's so bad, you can apply to be emancipated, but it's tough and could you really financially support yourself?
I'm a homeschooling parents and honestly this is one of my biggest fears.





There is no way on earth I'd let one of my kids go to the schools in our area. They are some of the worst here in GA. I have friends who are public school teachers in other areas of the state and they too have said the same.





So maybe that is one of the many reasons your parents are saying no.





If one of my kids did want to go to school it would have to be private and I can tell you there is NO WAY we could afford it. We did look into this before we started and the cost was way more than we could afford.





Cleaning the house would do nothing to change their minds.





Talk to your parents. Ask them why they wanted to homeschool you. Listen to the reasons.





Also ask your parents if there are any good local homeschool groups. Some of the groups meet weekly and have classes for kids %26amp; teens to meet and enjoy a school setting. We've done this but had to quit since the cost got so high for 3 kids.





We just joined a new church and just about all the people there homeschool their kids. We've had a few Christmas parties and get together that the kids love. They get to meet other homeschooling kids, play and a lot more. They love it %26amp; so do we.





Talk to your parents, but don't scream or whine. Listen to them and then ask them to listen to you.
well tell them that once ure 18 ur gonna move out n b all crazy; idk
  • makeup help
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment