Saturday, January 23, 2010

How do i convince my parents to let me sell my trumpet?

I played the trumpet for like 5 years but since high school i havent even touched the thing. It hasnt been played since i was like 13 and now im 16. I wanna sell that thing and i told my parents and they said that ';in my future i would change my mind and want to play it again';. sum BS like that. how do i convince them to let me sell it. its mine anyways.How do i convince my parents to let me sell my trumpet?
Pick it up occasionally when they are trying to relax and ';practice'; but make it sound like the death song of a hippo.How do i convince my parents to let me sell my trumpet?
Just wait them out. Parents sometimes seem to hate it when their kids quit playing instruments, as they regret not learning to play instruments themselves. And if they can play instruments, well now it's even harder. Maybe you could ask to sell it and buy a different instrument if you have any interest. They would let you do that before they'd let you sell it and buy some video games, or whatever...
To tell you the truth, you probably won't be able to convince them so you should save it for a rainy day. Believe me, life is not fair and one day you may need to sell it.





Just to be fair to your parents, what they say may not apply to you and you may never want to play it ever again, but it's not BS. I know I've been there before.





Think about why you want to sell it and be true to your belief as to why it would be better if you did sell it and take that case to your parents. I still don't think that will work but hey, it's a shot.





Just remember that when they bought it for you it was like a gift to you. That's the way they see it and now you don't want to take their feeling into account. It would be like you giving them something and having them say Thank You, then throwing it away. Makes you feel bad don't it.





Respect their wishes and over time they will respect yours.
  • makeup help
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment