Saturday, January 23, 2010

How do I let my parents know that I want to start wearing makeup?

I'm going into 8th grade this year and I want to finally start wearing some makeup. I don't want to wear a lot, just some to make me look prettier. My older sister is going into 10th grade and still doesn't wear makeup, and I don't know what my parents are going to think of me when I tell them that I want to start. Before I used to think that people only use makeup to seem ';cool'; but lately I realized that it boosts your confidence. I just don't know how to let my parents know! My mom doesn't even wear makeup so its a totally strange topic in my house. Help me! :(How do I let my parents know that I want to start wearing makeup?
well first of all your going into 8th grade so you don't need too much. actually if i were you i wouldn't wear anything but some lip gloss. i started wearing makeup early, like 7th grade, and the days that i didn't have enough time in the morning to put some on i thought i looked so ugly because i was brainwashed by the makeup. if anyone says anything to you about not wearing it just tell them that you don't need makeup to look pretty. i got so caught up in trying to be pretty and in what other girls said that i wasn't myself after i started wearing makeup. maybe when you go into high school you could start but only use it to enhance your natural beauty. How do I let my parents know that I want to start wearing makeup?
just go to walmart and buy a lipgloss. start wearing it, eventually your mom will notice and when she does just tell her that you wanted to try something new. you could also buy some mascara, but don't wear it all the time, not good for your eye lashes to wear it all the time - and always remove any make up before you go to bed.
i remember when i went into 8th grade and i wanted to wear makeup too. i didn't have a makeup-free older sister though. tell your parents that you think you would feel better about yourself if you wore some makeup. tell them that all you want is a little. I suggest clear mascara, lip gloss, and some blush. and if its too hard to tell both of your parents you could just talk to your mom and tell her. she probably used to wear makeup and will understand how you're feeling. i hope i helped, good luck! :)
Just say that it would really boost your confidence if you started. I actually don't know how to ask because I didn't ask. My mother just suggested I wore it. Just say u think you are old enough to wear make-up and you really want to practice using it. Because I feel self conscious when I don't wear my make-up. U can do it. you've got nothing to lose!
its a shame when parents think tht makeup is bad!


cos it really isnt and it does make u look prettier and it does boost your confidence :)


please dnt worry ur about ur parents u do what ever u want to do its ur skin and your body. I was around 6 when i started wearing makeup but thts only cos my mum was a girly girl and always used to put it on me and dress me up. Im giving her makeup lessons now....hehe


:)



We'll the pretiiest people don't where make=up. IT's just natural bueaty. But this is what I did. I went shopping with my mom and picked out Mascare and said what do you think. She gave me her opinion. So try that
Don't be in a rush, but maybe explain how lip protection from the sun is important. Show them you want to go for the natural look. If they say no, listen, you're way young anyway.
well i don't think your too young. maybe just talk to your sister and ask her if she wants to start wearing makeup too. then you can both talk to your parents together about wearing it.
umm u could say that ur self consious about acne or something or u could buy urself sum makeup and then tel ur mom that one of ur friends gave it too u as a gift and u really like it or dont want to hurt ur friends feelings by not wearing it.
jus tell them what you feel, tell them it would mean a lot to you if they permits u to wear make up even if your just in 8th grade
i think you should ease your parents into the make up process,


start with maybe a clear lip gloss,


if your parents ask about it (which they prolly wont) just say its cause your lips were dry, of course they'll understand


next try some foundation,


parents cant argue if you want to cover a blemish or if it has spf.


just make sure if they ask about the make up tell them all the good things about it spf,helps chaped lips,covering acne that kind of stuff.


if you want to go as far as eye make up try some brown mascara with out curling your lashes this way it still shaped your lashes but not enough to show your wearing it.


and for 8th grade that should be more then enough


good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment