Saturday, January 23, 2010

How to get your parents permission for a ferret?

I dont want to get one behind their back, but they keep saying that they dont want another pet. Also they think they smell TERRIBLE, but I thought you could decrease that a little so its not that noticable. Also someone from my moms work has two ferrets, and is feeding her all the Bad parts and NONE of the good parts. Maybe you could give me a couple tips, or advice to convince them. Thanks A LOT!How to get your parents permission for a ferret?
Well for starters, how about trying the following:


#1 Cleaning your room and making sure that it STAYS clean and tidy.


#2 Making sure that your homework is done and handed in on time.


#3 Sweep the floors in the living room and kitchen without your parents asking you to.


#4 Wash and/or dry the dishes.


#5 Do not fight and argue with your sisters %26amp; brothers.


#6 Eat what you are given and don't whine or make ';yuck'; faces when given it.


#7 Don't talk rudly to adults


#8 Always share with other kids.


#9 Go to bed when you are told to.


#10 Research the pet and breed you want to be 100% certain that it is the right one for you.


# 11 Ask them about getting this new pet in a nice way and don't beg and whine about it.





If 100% sure that if you give those a try, they will see that you are serious about wanting to add a this pet to your life and family. :)How to get your parents permission for a ferret?
It depends how many pets you have. My parents thought 5 pets was enough, but I still convinced them for a ferret.


My mom tells me my ferret smells, but I actually think she smells good! (Besides her poop.) They have a smell you can't really explain. I clean my ferret's litter box 2 times a day and you can still smell her. there's really nothing you can to about it.


A good food CAN decrease the smell. If you give your ferret Evo Feline or Ferret food, Zupreem, and even Totally Ferret they won't smell as bad. Marshall's food makes ferrets smell horrible.


Ferrets are fun creatures- hope you can get a ferret!








EDIT: You only have ONE pet? I personally think one or two more won't hurt anyone!
They do NOT stink much at all! You can only smell them when you are up on their face. I have a ferret and I don't even notice notice her smell because I love her so much! tee hee!


Tell your parents they are great pets! I am getting another ferret soon and my parents are letting me because they love the ferret too. Trust me, when I got my ferret, my dad hated her! But then he started playing with her and then he started to love her! He plays with her more than I do now! Let your parents read what I wrote. I'm 13 and I think she's the best pet ever! Even my mom said so! So let your parents read this and maybe they will let u get one!!


Good Luck! =)))
It took me 6 years. Since I was 11 I wanted ferrets. I did a LOT of research, showed my parents the research, the average vet cost (it is high), I showed my mom videos of them on youtube, and I took my mom to Pet Co to show her how incredibly cute they are. Once she laid eyes on them she fell in love.
just do what i did:





buy it without their permission


bring it home


they yell at you for 5 minutes


then they realize how cute it is


then they look at it and they're like ';you better clean up after it';


then they kinda poke it


then they pet it


then they fall in love and they're so over it.
Well. What I did was ask her over and over and over and over and over and over. And I also told her good things about the animal I wanted. I also told my mom and dad I'd pay for everything. Of course if all else fails, I'd work at an animal shelter where they have ferrets.
For one, you probably couldn't get one behind their back. It's a good idea to have all of the supplies before hand. They'd know what you were planning if you had a cage and ferret food and everything in your room. Also, at the pet store, they can't let anyone under 18 take a live animal out of the store, legally.


Here are a few ways that you can cut down the smell. -


1. Females tend to smell less than males.


2. A good quality diet with no fish oils.


3. Infrequent bathing. Once or twice a year is fine, but no more than once a month.


4. You can buy something called Bi-Odor at the pet store. You can put it in their water or in their food. It makes their poop and pee smell less.


5. Keep their ears clean. You can buy special ear cleaner for ferrets at the pet store, and you should clean their ears about once or twice a month.


6. Keep the litter box clean! I have to clean my ferrets' litter box at least twice a day. If I don't, it can smell pretty rancid.





Also, since some are super heavy sleepers (like mine), you can actually just sit there and cuddle with them. I have a deaf one, and when I'm cuddling with him, I don't have to worry about anyone waking him up with loud noises.





They're SO much fun to have. I love having a pair, since they seem to be so much happier. I know someone with a single ferret, and his only buddy is the dog. I've never seen him do the war dance or anything. My boys to it at least three times a day. Also, I LOVE taking them out on walks either early in the morning or later in the evening when it's nice outside. We took them down to the pool and they got a lot of attention from the people that were there. It was fun to watch them swim. :)


But they are amazing animals to have. They're funny, cute, sweet, and just flat out fun. :)
Well... that's tricky if your parents have their minds set. What I would do is quit telling them you want a ferret, and start saving up on one (Like wash cars on Saturdays, $10 a car. Earn enough oney to buy the ferret, cage, food bowl, water bowl, bedding, litter box, litter, EVERYTHING. Look up the total costs online, and earn that much and more for a little extra for emergencies ;-). Then, when you have the money, and your parents have completely forgotten that you want one, go to a pet store or to a website (like www.petfinder.com, www.craigslist.org), and buy a ferret. (You need a backpack for this idea) If you go to a pet store, make sure that there's other stores around it, and ask to go to one of those stores. Tell your mom you need to go to the bathroom, and run into the petstore. Buy a ferret ONLY, and ask for a container to put him/her into, and put that into the back pack. Run into the store, and purchase something, putting it into the back pack with the ferret. Once you get home, go into your room, play some music, and make the ferret look like he just came from outside. (You need to bring the ferret, and make sure your parents don't see it) Once your done, walk out of your room and say you heard something at the door open it, and let them see the ferret. Say you found it waiting out side of the door. While they look for a home for it, become really attached to it, and take great care of it. If you buy it from someone though, just ask them to deliver the ferret to your house when your parents are at work, and call them while they're at work, and tell them you just found a ferret at your door step. Nae the ferret, and become really attached. You can use either of these ideas, and once you parents see that you have becomed too attached to the ferret to even let it out of your sight, and you are taking excellent care of it, they'll let you keep it, and they might even buy you the equipment (cage, food, bedding, litter box, etc.). But if they don't that's fine, cuz you have all out that car wash money! If they don't let you keep it, I'm sorry, just go back to the pet store and get your money back (Of course, using the bathroom excuse at another store). I hope that this has helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment