Saturday, January 23, 2010

How do I keep my parents cool at my sweet sixteen?

I want my party to be fun, and I don't mind my parents chaperoning. There's not going to be any alcohol or anything. I know that my mom will freak out when she sees the way we dance, like grinding. And, I tend to have lots of fun at my friends' parties. I usually find myself a guy for the night, and might make out with him in the corner. How can I get my parents to relax, and not watch us the whole entire time?How do I keep my parents cool at my sweet sixteen?
My parents would do something in another room (movies, reading, etc.), but walk through periodically to be sure nothing hinky was happening. Since there was the surprise aspect to it...we knew to behave. But none of my friends and I were really wild, either. Maybe make that suggestion...have them walk through for surprise visits every few minutes...How do I keep my parents cool at my sweet sixteen?
Well, I wouldn't care if my kids acted that way. It's a party, come on.


But if your parents care, then tell them to walk into another room


and step in every once in a while, to make sure there's no alcohol or whatever they're rules are.


Or you could get them to party with themselves at another place in the room.
Keep letting them know what you're doing. Go over to them often and tell them you're going to dance or you're gonna go do something with your girlfriends. They'll feel like you're being responsible, and all they want to know is what you're doing, then they'll be happy to let you have fun.
well i see why they would need to. just tell them to do something in the next room and check on you guys once in a while. also, make sure you only invite people you trust (and know) because you know what can happen. have fun and happy birthday :)
Good luck with this one. It's your parents job to watch you. I'd warn them about how you and your friends dance and whatnot. Otherwise, if your parents are caught off guard, I think they'd 'freak out' even more. Hopefully they'll have other things to do while at home or maybe they can invite some of their friends over to play cards or whatnot. Then their attention will be on something else rather than you and your friends all night.











~_~
You can't...otherwise they wouldn't be YOUR parents. I would WARN them however, about some of the THINGS that you think might occur there that MIGHT freak them out - in advance, so maybe they WON'T be quite as FREAKED!

No comments:

Post a Comment