Sunday, January 17, 2010

How do I convince my parents to let me have a mohawk?

I'm 14 and I really want a mohawk. 2 of my friends have one, and they're punk rock. I think my parents think I would turn into that, and my grades would drop. How do I convince them that I should be able to choose my hairstyle.How do I convince my parents to let me have a mohawk?
A mohawk defines who you are ARTISTICALLY %26amp; EXTRINSITCALLY, it has nothing to do with who you are as a person. Punks are NOT bad!!! I am a Mental Health Practiotioner at a residential treatment facility for seriously suicidal teenagers in Grand Rapids, MN. Tell your parents to TRUST ME, wanting a mohawk is the very least of their worries!!!!! A teenager with a mohawk who disects kittens as a hobby - THAT i would be concerned about. A teenager who wants a mohawk just because they think mohawks are cool - chill the f*** out, mom %26amp; dad. Even with the title I have, that would be the very least of my worries. YEA for self-expresion!!!!How do I convince my parents to let me have a mohawk?
I always did my hair the way I wanted. My mom didn't say one word, she just took lots of photos and haunts me with them to this day!





I think they might be worried a mohawk is against the dress code at school. So, in that case, ask to get one when school's out for summer.





You're only young once, tell them you should be able to style your hair the way you want to. Because someday when you are an adult, you probably won't be able to (your job's dress code, you might be bald, etc..)
You should be able to choose your hair styles but you should think about it. Just because your friends have one, doesn't mean you should. People with mohawks normally get looked down upon. I personally don't treat people with mohawks any differently, but I think there gross and ugly. (No offense) There not in style anymore either, that was back in the 60's or whatever.
mohawk are gay and they wont be 'cool' in two weeks any way
only idiots get mohawks.





and a recent study did show that kids who listened to punk-rock had lower grades than those who didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment