Saturday, January 23, 2010

What is your life teaching your children if you are a single parent?

Also, what is your LOVE life teaching your children if you are a single parent?What is your life teaching your children if you are a single parent?
You could ask the same of married parentsWhat is your life teaching your children if you are a single parent?
I don't think that being a single parent means something by its own, i mean, it doesn't depend on your life status, but on how you live it.


You can be a great single parent, who can teach your kid to work hard and to really have a family even without a mate.


I guess you have to, as soon as your children understand, talk with the true, and explain as better as you can what are the reasons for you to be in that situation.


I am a single mother, and i know that my son - who is 13 yo now, have always have the sense of a family in our home, he knows about sitting both as a family to have dinner, or lunch if we can, and he knows about spending the weekend doing things together.


He knows that i failed in my relation with his father, but he knows that it doesn't make me or him, or our family worst or better than any other family we hang out with.


He knows that i'm just a woman who is still looking for her own happiness, as well as taking care of him as a children and takind care of us as a familly.


I've been pretty careful to not become a single mother who still lives as a single life, meaning, i don't live as i had no responsabilities. I still have fun, and have had dates, and i have friends, and sometimes i invite friends to a movie, or having a beer at my house.


But he hasn't known a boyfriend of mine, at least it's really becoming important.


And he knows i would love him to find love and to get married, and to have a family, as good and even better that the one we have.
That you can be strong and with love you can get through anything together. That a single mother can still be successful, happy, independent and raise her children to be well rounded, secure, happy, grounded children. Why would her children be 'different' just because their mother and father are living apart. I admire any single parent out there. They do a brilliant job.


Kind of a strange question but i answered it how i interpreted it :)
I didnt have a choice to be a single parent. My husband decided to leave and not take care of his children, so that left me to do it. Not all single parents choose to be. I never say anything bad about their father to them and would never keep them away from their father, that is completly his choice. So I hope they get from me the love and sense of accomplishment from doing on your own.





My love life....there isnt one, so I am not sure what they teaches them. I date some, but they are never around my kids...once I find the ';right'; one, they could meet. But I dont want them to get attached to anyone and that person walk out of their lives...its not fair to them.
Independence, Positive achievements can be obtained by themselves. Dependency on others who are harmful as some spouses are need not be tolerated. Stereotyping of parenting is hogwash
Well, when it comes to my kids, they are learning from me how to be independant, strong, and dependable, and many more things. Being a single parent does not mean your child has to miss out on anything. I believe it is the parent that has chosen to not be around that is the one to be in the losing position. I would rather someone raise their children in a loving home with only one parent, than in a home with two parents where there is constant conflict. When it comes to love, my kids know that I believe there is the right person out there for everyone, but sometimes it may take a while to find that special person. People are not always how they present themselves at first. It takes time to really get to know a person. When someone feels very comfortable around you, that is when their true colors show. If they stick around when troubling times arrive, then you know they are deserving of your love.
My life is teaching my children (all girls) that a strong, capable woman can live independently, support herself and her family, and own her own home.





I have no love life. I chose celibacy when I decided to adopt my daughters, and will continue this lifestyle until they are off to college. Then, I'll be the Angelina Jolie of the Senior Center!
I am happily married but I know many single parents who are great role models for their children because they were strong enough to get out of a bad situation and make life better for their children, instead of being stuck in a unhappy and unhealthy relationship!
Right on to all above answers! I hope that my life as a single parent is teaching my kids that you can work hard and succeed through many struggles and hard times. I hope that I am teaching them that a family can be strong and loving with only one parent. I think that I am teaching them to have priorities (my family, job and education) rather than jumping into relationships just to ';have a man around';.
im not a single parent but my dad raised me on his own and it taught me that life doesnt always turn out they way you imagine it but you can get something even better than you planned.


my mum left us when i was 18months old and i was raised by my dad and my grandmother until i was 7when my mum came back. before she came back my life was good and i was a happy child but when she returned i was ignored and neglected, my dad was a great parent but when my mum came back he just did everything she said for an easy life, i wasnt fed properly, i was constantly doing housework and from the age of 13 i had to practically raise my younger brother and sister. i know a lot of kids have it 100 times worse than i did but it just shows that some children are better off being raised by a single parent.
  • cream treatment
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment