Saturday, January 23, 2010

What qualities do your parents prefer in your lover?

I know that in the end my parents will accept who I choose but I know they have a preference like everyone else. So are there specific qualities or backgrounds your parents would find to be a plus in a person you choose?What qualities do your parents prefer in your lover?
Respectful


Understanding


Treats me well


Doesn't have the attitude as ';the man of the house';


Educated : huge thing right there


Acts Professional


Successful





That's the kind of guy my mom, (i don't talk to my dad about these issues) wants me to be with. She's scared of me getting divorced one day :( I hope that will never happen. I'll make sure the guy I plan on marrying is someone that I could last long with. She's always mentioning me marrying someone in my country (since divorce there is very rare) and not here in U.S. I keep telling her it's my choice to decide. I'm the one who will make a decision at the end of who I want.What qualities do your parents prefer in your lover?
My dad doesnt really care if my gf is of color or not as long as she's honest, has a good education, integrity, is well-mannered, isnt a drunk or a pot-head, is willing to accept my family and loves me. If i get married, i better have dated her (not moved-in) for at least a year though.





EDIT: Why chinese though? I have a vietnamese friend and her parents want her to marry a vietnamese guy but its mainly bc her parents dont speak english and want to be able to communicate.
respectful, honest, hardworking, faithful. but knowing my parents, they never really care too much they just want her to be herself. thats what they told me too.





EDIT: yeah i remember they said i can only marry an iraqi girl and not any other nationality even. but then later on they didnt care at all and they said as long as u love each other then we will be happy. they said if i dont meet a girl here then they will take me to iraq and find someone for me and get to know each other. but i dont think thats happening anymore. im pretty lucky cuz most of our parents prefer us strongly to marry our own.
they want an asian or hispanic (i'm half each), smart, has a career ahead of him, kind, generous, good with kids, faithful, wants to have kids(lots of them), and well an all around nice guy that will love me for me...
I have no idea. I hate to say it but their opinion matters very little.





The only thing I have every heard them mention is that she has an education.
smart, faithful, not flaky, emotionally stable, has the same religion as i do.
he must be responsible, kind, well-mannered, funny, lively, ambitious, caring, and love me
He has to be able to support the family, faithful and respectful. Kinda like your parents' expectations (my dad would prefer me to stick with my own race)..., except maybe the good-looking part.
confident, educated,courteous, humorous and thats pretty much it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment