Saturday, January 23, 2010

How can i convince my parents to let me get my ears pierced again?

I have the standered ear piercings (one in each ear) and I want to get them double piercedand the top of my ear pierced. Last time I asked my mom if I could she said no. How do I convince her?How can i convince my parents to let me get my ears pierced again?
Offer to pay for it.How can i convince my parents to let me get my ears pierced again?
Explain to them that you really want it done, and tell them you'll split the cost with them, take care of them or something like that. If they say no, then DON'T ARGUE (you'll probably just get them mad). I find that just saying ';okay, but can you just think about it'; in a calm tone and walking away always makes my parents say yes. And I've got nine body piercings by doing that.
Just wait? I don't know why kids always come here asking us how they can convince their parents. This is why I'm glad I got almost all of my piercings as an adult. The only person I had to convince was myself. None of us know your mom, so we don't know what would convince her. As a parent, I know what arguments wouldn't convince me:





1. ';But everyone else has it done!';


2. ';So-and-So's mom let her get it done!';


3. ';If you don't let me I'll pierce it myself/run away from home/get bad grades on purpose/etc.';


4. ';It's my body and you're not being fair. I can do what I want with my body!';
i just asked and asked my mum soon gave up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment