Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What things do my parents have the right to say to me if I am 18 years old and living under their roof?

I know I have to abide by their house rules which is understandable but can they tell me that I can't wear skinny jeans, grow my hair out, and have my ears pierced? I feel that house rules are different than when it comes to my body.What things do my parents have the right to say to me if I am 18 years old and living under their roof?
Legally they cant tell you not to do these things. But they can throw you out if they want to. That said if they would throw you out just for wearing skinny jeans it doesn't sound like they really care about you. So i think you should just move out.What things do my parents have the right to say to me if I am 18 years old and living under their roof?
It all depends on how strict home life is. Going by the rules of america when you are 18 you are a legal afult and you are responsible for your own actions, but living under your parents roof may contradict with that. Getting ear piercings and wearing skinny jeans or letting your hair be longer shouldnt be anything too much to worry about though, i mean, its not a tight micro mini skirt with a belly button piercing and refusing to let anything including a brush touch you head , right?
They can tell you pretty much anything as long as they are not breaking the law.





You are an adult living under their roof.





They can easily make you pay rent and part utilities and for your own food, etc.





You are not a child and they shouldn't treat you as such (which I'm assuming they are not) - but you do need to abide by their rules.





Period.
They can tell you anything they want to and make you do anything they think is correct, only if it follows the laws. Obviously, these things will not break any law because it is their standards of what they think you should live by.





But, since you are already 18 years of age, that means you should be headed off to college soon, and you can live anyway you choose!
They are your parents. They always will be. They will probably tell you how to look for the rest of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment