Thursday, January 21, 2010

How can I convince my parents to get me a golf memebership at a course thats 30 minutes away?

I can't drive and they say it's too far, even though it's $500 cheaper than my existing one.How can I convince my parents to get me a golf memebership at a course thats 30 minutes away?
If your parents are paying for your golf stay with the closer course. Don't put the burden on them to supply you with taxi service as well as pay for your membership. If you wish to have that cheaper membership, then you find the time and the method for getting there without bothering your parents. You should be thankful that you have a place where you can play which is close by.How can I convince my parents to get me a golf memebership at a course thats 30 minutes away?
You may not be able to work in a store or fast food place, but you can mow lawns for the neighbors. You can clean a flower bed at 13. Not many 13 year olds know the financial burden that parents have. If money is not an issue, why can't they get you a driver to drive to the course.

Report Abuse



i said money wasnt the issue with the membership fees. i dont expect my parents to buy me a personal driver if thats ur idea, im not a spoiled brat.

Report Abuse



When you say it's 30 min away, that doesn't sound like much. But, that's 30 min to get you there, 30 min back home for them, 30 min for them to come pick you up, then another 30 min back home again. That's two hours of driving for one of them everytime you want to play golf when there is a closer course.





You need to wait until you are old enough to drive and get yourself there, then try for membership at that course. Until then, have a little consideration for your parents time. Sounds to me like they know what they are doing by saying no.
how old are you?


do you have a job?


what is wrong with the golf membership course you are currently at?


what makes you think that they are going to want to spend ALL of that money AND drive you just so you can go play golf?








you need to take responsibility for your own recreational things, if YOU want to have a membership with this golf course then YOU pay for it. they obvioulsy dont want to waste their time or money on something that you arent even willing/considering paying yourself. and thats pretty selfish if you ask me...
If you have a friend who is willing to drive you there, or his parents im sure they wont mind - but 30 minutes is a little much to get dropped off then have to be picked up 3-4 hours later.
With gas prices going back up, it doesn't sound like your parents would break even, even with the membership being cheaper. It's about the big picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment