Friday, January 15, 2010

How can I convince my parents to homeschool me?

I really want to be homeschooled and I asked my parents if I can and they said no.I have no friends at my public school,everyone makes fun of me.I told them I am unhappy at school but they still make me go.How can I convince them to homeschool me?How can I convince my parents to homeschool me?
I had the same problem when I was a kid. If you want to be homeschooled then you are going to have to convince your parents that it is the best option for you.





Show that you can learn on your own. Set out to learn something that is not being covered at school, write a report about it and give it to your parents.





You should also find some group activities to get involved in which will replace the social interaction your parents seem to be worried about.





Also, show them the facts about homeschooling.





http://www.hslda.org/docs/nche/000010/20鈥?/a>





http://www.hslda.org/research/ray2003/So鈥?/a>How can I convince my parents to homeschool me?
Show them statistics and how kids that are home schooled are better off!
Talk to a school counselor about your unhappiness at being ridiculed. Ask him or her to talk with you parents about the possibility of homeschooling - or it may be that the counselor can help you fit in at your public school.





Be aware, however, that homeschooling takes a lot of the parents' time and energy. A parent who works full-time or nearly full-time could not do this.





Another option is a private school.
Going for homeschooling is the last resort that I will use. Because you and I MUST socialize and learn to make friends. As for me, I have made many friends and I like to have companions.








You should try to make friends. Win their trust, keep talking to them, joining them in conversations, be fun, and try to be the host too! You will notice that more people will try to listen to your ideas and talk to you. And I don't know why your friends in public school make fun of you. Try asking them why they like making fun of you and pour out your feelings regarding this matter. You will find that public school is much better than homeschoolinging because you have great friends that listen to you.





However, if you REALLY want to homeschool, tell your parents that how your schoolmates are treating you in school. The best method is listing all the bad points and tell them or write to them.





I just hope you would not have homeschooling.
You didn't say how old you are and that may play a big part. My answer assumes you are in at least junior or senior high school.


Find out exactly what their objections are. There are a couple of computer based homeschool programs that are not that expensive and once they are set up, your parents don't really have to ';teach,'; they just might need to grade written elements that a computer can't really grade like book reports and essays. Maybe they have heard bad press about homeschooling. A great website is:


http://www.nheri.org/


They compile statistics of everything concerning homeschooling.


If, after learning what their objections are you can tailor your research about homeschooling and CALMLY present your findings to your parents. The biggest mistake kids make in presenting arguments to their parents is getting overly emotional about an issue. Let them see your convictions, not your emotions. If all else fails regarding homeschooling, many places are now offering ';alternative'; public schools where you only go in part time (usually a totally different building) and do most of your work at home. You could call your school district's administrative office and ask if they offer anything like that.


I'm in the opposite boat; I've homeschooled all my kids since kindergarten and it took a lot of convincing to allow my oldest two to go to public school this year. One is doing well and the other is coming back to homeschool next week. Each student is different and has to be treated uniquely. You or your parents may e-mail me privately if you wish.
Get a copy of ';The Teenage Liberation Handbook: How To Quit School and Get A Real Life and Education'; by Grace Llewellyn





It's a fantastic book that addresses aproaching your parents about homeschooling.





http://www.lowryhousepublishers.com/Teen鈥?/a>
Since your parents don't want to home school you I would suggest going to a technical collage to get your high school diploma. I have a friend who had depression and drug problems. He went to rehab and when he came back he went to a technical collage. A lot of his problems were solved by doing that. When you're in high-school you're surrounded by a lot of immature people who will say or do mean things just to make themselves look or feel better. The ';socialization'; that occurs in public schools is completely different from the real world. If you really can't get into any different kind of school then just wait it out like the other 90% of kids who hated school. It might seems hard but just try and see the light at the end of the tunnel
Maybe you should do some research. Have you looked into any online schools? Maybe if it is a structured school, not just you learning on your own, they would be more willing to let you do it. My sister goes to an online school. They sent her books, all the supplies she needs, and even a computer for free. You should check into it.
if they don't want to homeschool you, and you force them to, you will probably not get the best education. It might be easier to ask them to move.
YOU CAN'T


Believe it or not, most kids feel like you do at some time or another. What you have done is 'given up on yourself'. Try new things. try differents things. Learn to laugh at your self, quit taking your self so seriously


This homeschooling is a pipedream, you are really saying you want to drop out of school and your parents see right through you


Am I wrong?


Go out and prove it


How?


Read a Biography on Richard Feynmann and tell me why he won a Noble Prize
That is the same reason i became homeskooled. Public skool kids say they don't see how i can be homeskooled and not be bored, also being homeskooled i have an opprotunity to learn extra subjects that i want to learn and it is easyer to deal with a job when u are homeskooled cause u can work around your schedual easier
The best way would probably to convince them that you're serious about actually learning at home. A lot of kids home school just so they can sleep in you need to show your parents that you will be on top of your studies by yourself and that you won't need a lot of encouragement. So you need to show them that you can be self disciplined get yourself up on time, do your chores without having to have any one nag you get your homework in on time. (and do a good job) also you might want to start looking into what kind of curriculum that you want
Discuss more with them why they don't want to. Find a local homeschool support group to learn more about homeschooling in your area. It's hard to provide more assistance than that because you haven't given an explanation as to why they don't want to.
Check out some videos on the advantages of home schooling from the library. Tell your parents it's a new day and you shouldn't have to do something just because they did. Also, find some other kids on line that are home schooled. If any live in your town, have them or their parents talk to your parents.
Start flunking out in school, and spend a LOT of time at the public library. Tell your parents you learn better on your own.
Maybe its a finacial reason, if you really want to be considered you could start getting your homework from your teachers early showing your parents that you can manage your school time with out a teacher montiering your every move another thing would be for you to keep at telling them how miserable you are and say you are scared of some of the kids there.
well to be homeschooled one of your parents need to be home to teach you, or maybe you can find someone that offers lessons from home. Good luck as i don't know how you can do this cuz i don't now your folks.
Too many unknown factors. Do they both work? Would one have to quit in order to homeschool you? How old are you? Why does everyone make fun of you? What are their objections? I homeschooled both my kids through HS and would love to help you out. email me if you think I can help.
You can't. The problem isn't that you can't be homeschooled, the problem is that you have trouble making friends. Running away from this won't help and the problem will follow you through life. Talk to the school counselor.

No comments:

Post a Comment