Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What age do most parents let their teens start dating?

I'm guessing 16 right?What age do most parents let their teens start dating?
My parents had the rule of 16, yeah.





But they had no problem letting me go over to my ';friend's'; house just to hang out. I dated my current boyfriend 5 months before I turned 16. Only after I turned 16 was I allowed to go to the movies and ';out on dates'; with him.





We've been together 16 months. I'm very very happy with him, and he's my best friend.








In your situation, I think it would be best to talk to your mother or father, whichever you are more comfortable with. Say, that just in case a guy were to express interest in the future, would you be able to date him?





The best way to earn early dating priveleges is to show responsiblity in other areas.





If you have any older siblings, you could also check with them and see if your parents had set a rule with them.





Good luck!What age do most parents let their teens start dating?
YOU GUYS ARE LUCKY


MY PARENTS WANT US TO FINISH COLLEGE B4 DATING

Report Abuse



That depends on what is considered dating. There are different types of ';dating'; appropriate for every age group.





For example I think kids of any age should be able to talk to the phone, go to the house (supervised) or go somewhere with at least one adult at any age with someone they like.





However actual dates, like dinner and a movie or whatever, without supervision, should wait until they're old enough to drive.
When I was in like Grade 6 (11) I asked my mom and she said when I was in Grade 9 (14) but I was already kind of dating before then (in Grade 8) but I didn't really start seriously dating until like two weeks after I turned 14. My dad on the other hand said sixteen but they divorced, so I don't actually have to wait. I can't imagine waiting that long. It just seems stupid to like guys but not being able to date them, I mean, that's the point of celebrity crushes.
I think a lot of parents allow their children to start ';dating'; at 15 or 16. I didn't have a boyfriend until I was 17 so I don't know what age my parents set for me. However, I think teenage relationships are pointless so I've advised my younger sister (she's 16, I'm 23) to wait until she's in college to start dating.
I'm allowed to start when I'm 15, but I guess that age could be negotiable with my parents. My mom makes the rules, and since she started dating at 15, she decided I will too. But at the same time, she always points out guys that she thinks are cute and she says she doesn't mind if I start dating before 15... as long as it's one of those guys she likes!
i can date when i am 16 but has to be in a place where i can be accountable. Like not being alone with her. Because i really wanna wait till i am married to have sex.because thats what its really meant for. Also don't just jump into a relationship when you 16. wait for the right guy to come, i know its really hard.Because my birthday is also in november and i dont really know when it will be ';legal'; for me to date lol.





But just know friends will last longer than bf be friends with guys and know learn how they are hang with em. And let them see you who you really are. thats the important thing : )
My dad says when I'm 30, but that's kinda lame and highly unlikely.


My mom didn't say anything.


I've been dating my boyfriend for almost a year now, and I haven't told them yet.


I'll more than likely tell them next year when I turn 16.


So yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the average age.
ive had boyfriends before, and im only 13, but yeah, uhm, my parents didnt care, as long as im not getting into situations that i cant get out of, they dont care, but hey, all parents are different,, so yeah
my parents said 18 but i started dating at 15 anyway. but im not encouraging you to disobey them but i think a decent time is 16 at least.
They have all different opinions on what is the right age. But usually it's around 15 or 16.
It all depends.


My parents didn't care.


But I didn't get my first real bf til i was 13.


I think that's a good age, your a teenager.
I'm thirteen and I'm not even considering dating until high school, looking at how ****ed up my friends are...
Well my parents really didn't have a choice.. i started dating at 14 and got prego's at 15 so now that i have my kids imma be involved %100 and they won't start dating till there 17 =-]
I started dating at 12 lol it wasn't reall dating though all we did was go to the movies,hug,and eat lunch 2getherr lol :)
parents arent all the same. a lot of my friends have already seen dating and they are 14 and 15 but my rents wont let me start till 16
I was allowed to start dating at 15 years old. But I had to be home by 10 pm and check in regularly.
I can't ';go out'; until high school. Then when I'm 16 I can date.
well most of them on their 15 or some of them on their 16
My parents said okay when I was 13.
I have to wait till 16, but it'll probably be later than that that I start dating.
my parents told me 17 or 18 but i have a secret bf.
i started having boyfriends in the 7th grade.
Til im married for me dosent it suck i mean WTH!
about 16 years old
it used to be 16 now it's like 13
My parents said I couldn't date til I was 16.


I went behind their backs.


I made love and now I am pregnant,


at only 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment