Wednesday, January 13, 2010

How many of you breastfeeders think you are better than formula using parents?

Be honest, if you think you are better, just say so. Just explain why and how you come to this conclusion.How many of you breastfeeders think you are better than formula using parents?
Well, I formula feed, but I wanted to breastfeed. For health reasons, I couldn't. But I don't see why everyone is trying to make a big fuss. Do we all love our babies? Yes, I believe so. Do we all want what is best for our children? Another yes. Don't make such a big deal over how someone feeds their child. We shouldn't have ';names'; like breastfeeder,bottlefeeder, or whatever. We all have a name, the most important name of all: Mother, and that's all that should matter.How many of you breastfeeders think you are better than formula using parents?
Well Brenda B. called formula feeders ';stupid idiots'; .Now did anyone ever hear of a smart idiot?

Report Abuse



Just because someone chooses not to breastfeed doesn't mean they're not well-informed. And it doesn't mean they're not willing to go the extra mile. It means that breastfeeding didn't appeal to the individual in some way - I hate the responses where people say that the mothers are being selfish and not thinking of their child. I honestly don't believe that every breastfeeding mother is doing everything else right in their life - whether it be eating right so the baby gets proper nutrition during both pregnancy and breastfeeding, not exposing their baby to cigarette smoke, ect. It's like those anti-smokers who run around yelling at smokers not to smoke (like it's any of their business) and then go off and eat McDonald's and clog their arteries....or eat red meat.....or drive drunk.....or drive too fast.....You know what I mean? Live and let live - if a mother chooses not to breastfeed, then it's her choice. She's not any better or worse for it.





I personally DID breastfeed for four months. I loved it and would have continued it if I didn't start working and stop producing. And by the way, no I don't smoke.
this was a crazy question, as long as you feed your baby, it don't matter if it's the breast or the bottle, it's what you thinks is best for your baby, everyone lives are different and some people goes back to work sooner than others so breast feeding is harder, some moms choose to stay at home so breast feeding is easier, i didn't breast feed because i wasn't ready, but this time i will and i will use the pump! so please don't make this out of a conflict, we all love our children and want the best for them!
Better? No. More informed? Maybe. More willing to go the extra mile? Possibly.





I breastfed my son because it was the best start to life I could give him. The perfect food created for him.





I am disgusted that so many women won't even consider breastfeeding their child because society has turned a woman's breasts into a sexual fixation. Of course they serve a sexual function, but they have a dual purpose as God intended.
Go ahead eddysmomma!! I agree. I didn't breastfeed my first child. I started and the nurse that came for her did not break suction, needless to say, I was bruised so bad, I couldn't nurse. My 3 year old child was nursed for 10 months and I am currently nursing a 4 month old now. I don't think I am better, but I am doing what is best for my daughters. Some women can't nurse, I understand that. I think every woman should try it. It makes me mad that people like you do everything they can to talk women out of nursing. It is beautiful and natural. I love the way my husband looks at me when I nurse our daughter. I am a stay at home mom. I carry my baby around all day in a pouch. Does that make me feel like I'm better? No, once again, I am doing what is best for my girls. If that upsets you, tough!
Yes. And no. I think there are many situations where formula is the only option, and I don't think those moms should be made to feel bad about themselves. Like when a baby is adopted. Now, technically, an adoptive mom could rent a hospital grade pump, take some pills, and could possibly get her own milk going for the baby, but this doesn't always work, and the baby won't always accept it. Or when the mom has a medical condition requiring meds that could hurt baby. Or a disease that baby could catch whilst nursing. Stuff like that, I thank God good formulas exist today (vs. the hommade stuff generations before now had to use), and formula feeding moms can still get some of the bondign effects of nursing by feeding baby skin-to-skin, and never feeding baby by propping up a bottle.


However, I can honestly say that I feel sorry for those newborns whose moms won't give breastfeeding even a try just b/c they don't want to, or like many very young moms today, they think it's gross b/c society has turned breasts into solely sexual objects. For the moms who could, but don't just for stubborness, I think that's awful. They're missing out on an important part of bonding with their child, and providing the milk they were meant to drink. Did you know breastmilk's formulation changes to suit the baby's needs as baby ages? It is the perfect food for a baby. Only 33% of babies get to leave the hospital breastfeeding, and that's pathetic, especially when lots of those moms are single and poor and breastfeeding is - FREE!!. Occasionally the best things in life are free and this is one of them. I do believe many moms refuse to breastfeed b/c of their own ignorance of the benefits to baby AND TO THEMSELVES. Nursing helps the uterus go back down to original size, can help your waist get back down to original size (by burning calories) and releases some powerful 'happy hormones' when you first begin each nursing sessions. All very good things for a new mom.


But I wouldn't say I'm 'better than' but maybe that I'm more willing to do what a parent is supposed to do - sacrifice some comfort for children's sake. Besides, nursing gave me the best bonding I've ever had with my child.
I've done both and didn't feel any better or worse for the method I used in feeding my babies. My 1st child I only nursed for 5 weeks while my 4th child nursed for a year. I don't think that I was a better parent to one over the other, or my two children in between for that matter. They are healthy, happy, well-adjusted children and nursing or not nursing did not qualify the kind of parent I've been to them.
If someone believes breastfeeding is better for there baby then they shouldnt be having a baby. However, some mothers are unable to breastfeed for whatever reason in which case they can use a breast pump!!
No I don't think I am better than a formula feeding parent, but I do think I am better than someone who sits at the computer harassing people who choose to breastfeed.





Breastfeeding creates a bond between mother and child that is difficult to mimic by any other means. The emotional well being fostered naturally through breastfeeding is one of the great benefits of nursing, one that is just as important as the unsurpassed nutritional value of breast milk. A breastfed baby is more likely to have all of his or her physical and emotional needs met by virtue of the logistics of nursing. Breastfeeding encourages co-sleeping, holding, talking to, feeding on demand and a general responsiveness to a baby鈥檚 needs; often called attachment parenting.





A strong bond between mother and baby influences a child throughout his lifetime significantly impacting his emotional, physical, and cognitive development and well being. Here are some of the ways in which bonding is created and reinforced through breastfeeding:





* Human beings thrive on touch and when a woman nurses her baby the physical closeness and skin to skin contact easily promotes affection and therefore bonding. It is an extension of the union created during pregnancy and affirms the life giving power of a woman.





*Breastfed babies are almost always fed exclusively by their mother (with the exception of expressed breast milk) which works to strengthen the mother-child bond. A breastfeeding mother has the sole responsibility for nourishing her child and the baby is completely dependent on her for survival. This can establish a powerful feeling of devotion and pride which is good for her and the child鈥檚 well being.





* Oxytocin and prolactin, the hormones that are responsible for lactation also work to strengthen a mother鈥檚 sense of attachment to her child. These hormones are thought to reduce the likelihood of Postpartum Depression which is a serious illness that, in some cases, leads to child abuse and abandonment. Some studies suggest that breastfed children are far less likely to suffer these atrocities.





* Children develop a sense of security through breastfeeding which enables them to easily develop bonds with other people besides their mother. A secure child reaches out to others, is affectionate, confident and trusting; traits that are important in developing social relationships.





* Unlike bottle feeding, the bonding that begins at birth can last into the toddler years when breastfeeding is continued beyond six months (recommended by medical professionals). Though a bottle-fed baby will be held during feeding in infancy, she soon learns to hold her own bottle and physical closeness is compromised. A self feeding baby gives a mother time to tend to her other duties. In contrast, a breastfeeding woman must take the time to feed her child in her arms thus providing skin to skin contact, closeness and a much needed rest for herself. This is a great perk for women who, by nature, tend to do too much.
I don't think breastfeeding mothers consider themselves better mothers, they just realize that they are doing their babies a tremendous service. Breastmilk is almost like giving your baby a daily dose of immunity. They get sick less, gain healthier weight and the list of benefits is literally endless.
to me this question is going to create a huge ammount of angry , hateful responses of women argueing or slamming one another .


so my question is are you trying to create conflict ?


i breastfed , that was my choice . if the next person who posts bottle fed that was their choice . my choice was right for me , their chocie was right for them
i don't think mothers that nurse are better than formula feeding moms! all new moms adore their babies and do what is best for them!
better no, hey formula is expensive ! Also it was more conveinent for me to breastfeed my child , didn't leave them at home or have to warm them up - i never judged anyone for not breastfeeding so why are you judging me for doing so? I enjoyed it and i do thimk my daughter is better off for it
well, my daughter is now 4 months old and I'm still breastfeeding her. And I'm also a working mom. Wat i do is that i mix her with formula milk when I'm at work and when i get back i feed her breast milk.


Breast milk is much more nutritious and it brings your relationship with you and your child closer and also they seldom get sick. Try it. You wont regret it !!
To be honest, I really don't think i am better then anyone for breastfeeding my child, i am only breastfeeding my child for his own-good, I want him to be as health as he can be!!! So no I don't think I am a better parent, I just want to be a great mom and give my child what I can. Some moms can't breastfeed. I am one that can.
  • halloween makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment