Friday, December 25, 2009

What kind of present is appropriate when you are meeting his parents?

I am about to meet my bf's parents for the first time. Is it ok to bring something, and what would you suggest that would be appropriate?What kind of present is appropriate when you are meeting his parents?
I think a gift is fine, but keep it small %26amp; simple.What kind of present is appropriate when you are meeting his parents?
If you are not engaged, do not bring anything. However, if you are trying to win his parents over, for whatever reason, bring a small neutral house gift such as a small plant, etc. If you are having dinner with them, you should bring something to drink or eat but only after asking your boyfriend first about this as it might offend.
suggestions:


(1) box of nice chocolate


(2) variety of fruits (in fruit basket)


(3) box of good tea bags (find out if they like to drink tea, if so, what type of tea they like)





All the best.
I never brought any of my bf's parents a present ';just because.'; I only brought them presents for xmas etc. I think they would have taken it as a suck up anyway.
baked oatmeal cookies ? (just in case they are diabetic).
Probably not, the more I think about it. Wait until an occasion.
he should be able to tell you that.
Something Small and pretty. Not A Dog. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment