Thursday, December 31, 2009

How to convince my parents to let me play a sport?

I'm seventeen and my parents are such control freaks. I love to play sports and be active and I don't like coming home and just sitting around. I've played soccer for a few years and I would like to play it during my senior year in high school. But, my parents want me to eaither do nothing or prefurably work instead. I don't like working during the school year because I never have time to do homework and I come home exhausted after a 12 hour day. What should I do? I'm almost eighteen and they treat me like a little kid. I'd even pay for the whole thing with my money that I've worked for this summer. Please help.How to convince my parents to let me play a sport?
Well, if you really want to play a sport that badly, what I would do is draw up a contract and present it to your parents. State in the contract that you will still do as well as your already doing, and if your grades slip too much than your parents can have the authority to make you quit the team. Make sure the contract is long thought out and good; you want this to really convince them that you are capable of playing a sport without it affecting your academic life. Make sure to make it daring for yourself (consequences than can result in slacking off) so your parents can ensure that you will still continue to maintain the life you are currently partaking. Hope this helps!





Regards,


Andrew SulakHow to convince my parents to let me play a sport?
that is ridiculous!! my parents would love me if i played a sport in high school. sports and excersie are good for you. explain hat to your parents. they should be happy and proud of you that you are athletic. tell them that you will keep working in the summer and u need time for your school work during the school year.


if they say if u can play sports u can work tell them that sports dont take up half as much time, and u have the rest of your life to work, u should still enjoy being a kid.
by telling them is good for you records, especially for the furture, schools like that
yep. major control freaks. thats surprising. most parents want there kids to be active in something. oh well, i guess you just need to say stuff like it benefits your health and social life.
yeah they have their ways of thinking but tell them it will keep you in shape, youll meet new friends, create a passion, work as a team member, and most important it will do great for your essay, i think thats what its called, when you enroll for college.....maybe the college part will make them wonder....
man that is bull **** everyone should be able to play all sports they wanna play whenever they want yur 17 man u gotta get loose and tell yur parents that yur gonna play soccer they r major control freaks but yur a senior they r getting less and less control over u just break free

No comments:

Post a Comment