Friday, December 25, 2009

Survey: How do you believe that your generation is different than your parents' generation?

List your age and your parents' ages in the response.





This question is not referring to technology or innovations, but instead inquires about how your generation differs socially from your parents' generation. Just be honest about your feelings.Survey: How do you believe that your generation is different than your parents' generation?
Well, first of all I'm 15, and my parents are around their mid-forties.


My summer school class was just discussing this issue this past week, haha, funny how that works.





Anyway, I think that in general quite a bit has changed between generations... Like I think that my parents as kids/teens had a LOT more freedom than I do now. Like they could just spend the whole day out, and be back before dinner or whatever, and there wasn't a need to be worried. Now, my mum needs to know where I'll be, and have all the set times, who I'll be with, etc. (well, usually, that is).


And I think that fear about society that the media portrays these days wasn't as prominent in my parents generation. There wasn't a huge fear of kidnappers or pedos, even though obviously they were in existence, but because the media didn't have as much focus on things like that, the fear wasn't as great.





The general feeling I get from my parents generation is that it was a lot more laid back when they were younger. In everything, basically. In security, in having fun... A lot of that has changed now.





Hmm, those are just some of my opinions on this topic. Thinking about this, it makes me wonder how the NEXT generation is going to interpret my generation... Interesting stuff.Survey: How do you believe that your generation is different than your parents' generation?
my parents are both hard workers and had to work hard to get things in life. most of the children in my generation were given so much. a couple of examples are...


my mom didn't get a car until she was in her late 20's. teens parents are giving them cars before they even get their license these days.


when my parents were teens, not too many teens were sexually active, getting pregnant, and dropping out of school. there are a lot of stupid, illogical, irrational teens doing that now days.
me 17


mom 37


dad 46


i feel there are a lot of difference in the thoughts with the difference in the generations!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment