Monday, December 28, 2009

What is something your parents had in their marriage?

That you will try your best to avoid it? I am from a mixed family such as step dad %26amp; step brothers; with a lot of drama. I am going to try my best to always raise my kids in a loving environment.What is something your parents had in their marriage?
Hmmm... There are several things, but I consider them private. I actually used to think my parents' marriage would be terrible and boring. But they're still married after 48 years and I'm not. And they still prefer the company of each other over anyone else. So, my perspective has changed on this.





If you came from that kind of home, you're doing well to have this focus. Keep up the good work. Just keep in mind that no family is perfect.What is something your parents had in their marriage?
My dad didn't want to be, or wasn't interested in paretning. He left that to mom. He provided financially, and was there most of the time, but he sucked as a parent. Mom never insisted dad do anything with us, prefering to allow him his freedom.





I would not want a hubbie who wasn't actively involved with his kids.
I think my dad since he was the only one providing money (my mom was a housewife) he always had the last word on everything. I never felt like he gave my mom the opportunity to make a decision- something as simple as what color the house was going to be painted.


When I get married, I want to be with someone that will take my opinion as important and it will be our decisions, and not only his.
My mom loved my dad above everything else...and when he left her and us - after 30 years of being the ';perfect couple';- she collapsed.


She got ill and suffered from a severe depression for two years, and lost over 70 pounds!





So...I guess you have to have a balance....Like my grandma used to say: ';Never give a man 100% of your love...OR 100% of your money!';





We have to remember that if we choose to BE in a relationship, it means BOTH people in it should put in their share to make it work.
They never seem very affectionate towards each other, but I think that's more my Dad's hang ups than anything else. I don't want my parents making out in front of me, but holding hands once in awhile and saying ';I love you'; more would be nice.
Ours was a mixed family- my parents married when I was three and they ignored me and spent alot of time with the older kids. So hubby and I spend alot of time with our daughter. We don't want her to feel ignored.
A loving environment with minmal drama where people feel free to communicate their needs and PATIENCE.


My homelife was the antithesis of these things.
I try my best to have the kind of marriage my parents had. They loved one another til death parted them.
Theres no playbook here. Just remember to talk to eachother a lot.
non communication and lack of trust

No comments:

Post a Comment